Maybe.

Network television always has to edit in idiotic sound and story cues before a commercial break and never really flows well.
That it's plagued by the people who had a success in Lost and then branched out is good for those who liked Lost as a whole. They deserve it.

Pay-TV doesn't have those breaks and still becomes increasingly boring each season. New, fancy concepts won't attract viewers forever and some of the stuff's just the exact same shit as elsewhere, just on expensive 'roids.

The Wire, for example, wasn't interesting to me the first time I watched a bit of the pilot; then, a second time, it was one of the better shows out there for me.

Breaking Bad's nice and all, but I remember a season where they basically never got anywhere, but did so in style. Maybe in the second or third season, where they want to cook and never really get to at first. Quite draggy and everywhere else it'd probably be utter shit while it worked out okay with the rather elegant narrative and at times sparse dialogue.

Star Trek's pretty shitty, too, but well...