Originally Posted By: Claude Goddard
Originally Posted By: fartz

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed journey for it's thoughtful approach, tranquil, yet sublety dangerous atmosphere and overall artistic merit, but fuck, talk about over-rated. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but not the amazing, mind-blowing, epic (three hour) experience that the gaming community have circle-jerked it out to be. Shadow of the Colossus on the other hand, was a goddamn masterpiece.

I mainly dug it for the design and actually liked that it could be completed in such a short time (I often lose interest before ever completing a game) but agree that Shadow of the Colossus is much better, although I haven't completed SoC yet.

I think the hype is probably because of just how little creativity goes into most big-time videos games, so when something different comes out everyone pisses their pants and tries to use it as a excuse with their mom for how many hours they've wasted blowing shit up in the past.

Do yourself a favor, Claude, and finish Sotc. One of my top five favorites of all time. I was obssessed with that game. So much so that I spent a fair amount of time in a SOTC thread, with fellow players, philosophizing and theorizing about possible secrets in the game. We all thought that there would be some possible way to climb the shrine of worship. We didn't understand why you were allowed to climb up to the secret garden, but go no further. One player modded himself higher than the garden, only to find that the textures weren't solid and you just fell through everything. Another poster emulated the game and seriously fucked with the code. An unfinished area of the game was found on the north-eastern portion of the map, the shrine was climbed, and the colossi were unleashed all over the map.

Here's how to get to the garden, if you didn't know

This guy fucked with the game's code so much, he discovered how to control the colossi.

Edited by fartz (01/05/13 10:18 AM)