Originally Posted By: Bornyo
Originally Posted By: Barry the Pirate
Great and groundbreaking aren't the same. Real World, Survivor, that kind of stuff brought about a new style of tv production. But to call either "great" would be a bit much.

You are right, and the thread doesn't say "great", but "good".

And I'm sure the OP meant current shows. But since when does anything stay on topic here? Typical XPT wandering. It's like a locals bar but more real than Cheers- more like Moes.

As the OP's personal representative, I think he probably meant current, but only because he didn't think of older shows, or great vs. groundbreaking...that sort of thing. But I assure you he's good with it going wherever it goes.

Someone put Leave It to Beaver. I absolutely loved that show. It had wrapped before I was born, but I identified with the family. My parents were actually my grandparents. So my mom and dad were way older than my friend's parents. All the parents on Beaver were my parent's age. They were the only ones on tv like my parents. I can sit and watch a Sunday marathon of the Beav, stoned to the gills, spouting line for line, without a trace of irony.

Not originally tv, but we watched a bunch of the early Little Rascals shorts. It was a different world then.

Just bought my kid a DVD set of the Lancelot Link series. Chimps capering around like humans. Nothing made a better Saturday morning than a big Jethro Bodine sized bowl of Capn Crunch, Lancelot Link on the tv and my parents still in bed.