Originally Posted By: tattypatty
Even the stuff I don't agree with (undocumented workers actually stimulate the economy, socialized medicine is just awful) is presented in a non-alarmist way.

I let my subscription lapse a few months ago, but from what I remember, they weren't that alarmist about socialized medicine - in fact, Welch wrote a pretty good editorial praising France's system, which is a good blend of private and public. As a former resident of Canada, I wouldn't say I'm against socialized medicine, so much as against having the option of pursuing a private option taken away from me. I've used private systems in a couple of different countries, and it is the complete opposite of the picture that leftards in Canada like to paint. Most countries in the world, even the USA, have some form of socialized medicine like Canada, but unlike every other countries in the world, Canada (at least until a few years ago) didn't allow any private option to be exercised.

The French are bigger pinks than Canadians could every hope to be, and they don't have a problem with privately owned and operated roads or hospitals, so why the fuck is it such a threat to the Canadian way of life if private hospitals were allowed to operate alongside the public ones? IMHO, it's paternalistic bullshit, and just as cruel as allowing someone to suffer because they don't have private insurance.

Edited by nassim (04/25/12 12:23 PM)

-- Rear Admiral