Help me out here, Barry. Didn't Regal shoot on somebody else in a famous incident? Fuck it, I'll hit google and see what I find.

***EDIT***

I guess it was just Goldberg, and from what I've read, that whole situation was way overblown by the internet hive mind. According to both Goldberg and Regal, Goldberg was completely lost during the match, and Regal was doing everything he could to try and lead him back on track, causing jaded fans into thinking that he was "shooting" on him, when in reality, he was just improvising and trying to salvage a match that wasn't being executed properly on Goldberg's end. Apparently, in Goldberg's book, he said that he got "lost" a lot in matches that involved more than his three moves.

Putting Bill in the ring with Regal was a mistake. Brad Armstrong, Jerry Flynn, Mike Enos, etc. were mid-level enhancement talent, but Regal was always recognized as being a tough-as-fuck mat technician. This guy was the real fucking deal. We're talking about a guy that started his career wrestling in fucking carnivals. Like, "hey tough guy, we'll give you fifty bucks if you can sucessfully out-grapple this man" type of wrestling. Putting him in the ring with an overpushed powerhouse with a limited moveset was just plain ole' classic WCW short-sighted booking. It's as if nobody even bothered explaining to Goldberg what a non-squash wrestling match was.

Edited by fartz (02/12/12 07:54 AM)