A little late in to the party, but:

1. Roy Rogers was bought by the sons of the guy who developed them for Mariott Corp. back in the 60's, & they're making a comeback, but very slowly. They're based out of Maryland, & they own all of them except for the ones that are franchised by the successor of Mariott Corp (ironically their biggest franchisee now), which are located mainly in full service rest areas (the franchised ones are that is).

2. Kenny Rogers Roasters are owned by the same people who own Arther Treacher's Fish & Chips & Nathan's Hot Dogs, and they were down to 1 in the U.S., & that was/is at the Ontario Mills Mall in Ontario, CA. But, as was pointed out, they have a lot of them in foreign countries though. I think what hurt them is the fact that everybody (stores) started selling rotisserie chickens, & the novelty wore off. I remember they had good chicken, & corn muffins/bread....& I don't even like corn muffins/bread usually.

3. When I was a kid, there was a chain out of the Baltimore area, that got all the way up to where I lived in PA named Gino's. It was founded by Gino Marchetti & some of his Baltimore Colt's teammates. Anyway, they actually had the regional deal to sell KFC when they used to sell it out of other existing restaurants, & they retained it until they went under in 1982. Back in 2010, the original founders revived Gino's as a more upscale fast food restaurant (I think they are up to 3 now....mainly in the King of Prussia, PA area), but gone is KFC of course....now they sell chicken fingers.