Originally Posted By: Claude Goddard
'Radio hosts who use comedy' are exactly the douchebags I was referring to. They don't have the chops to make it as comedians so they up on morning radio shows with their shitty stingers and fart jokes and names like 'Crash' and 'Ripper.' FM radio gave up on actually playing music for this 'personality driven' shit. AM became the graveyard that allows fools like Jones to get a soap box.

Morning Zoo and talk formats are two very different things, although I think we can all agree that morning zoo hosts need to be eradicated in the most painful way possible. Talk format is talk, and the best practitioners of it add some comedy aspects. They may be fools to you, but someone listens to them.

Tell me, what else is AM good for? Are you just dying to listen to your favorite tunes on good ol' mono AM? I know I'm not looking forward to listening to Genesis filtered through a tin can.

The fact remains that radio hosting and stand up are two very different things. Not saying that one's better than the other. I'm just saying that boiling it down to radio guys being failed stand ups is not only lazy, it's also far from accurate.

Sure, Alex Jones is a tool, but he makes a fair living being one. I guess he's doing something right.