Thanks for the link, PD. I will now be reading that site instead of Bland old GameSpot/Gamefaqs.

On an unrelated note, I really feel as if this Wii-U shit is spelling the beginnning of the end for Nintendo. Their fans are always boasting about how Nin. "marches to the beat of their own drum". Well, I think their comes a time when even your most dedicated groupies get tired of your tunes.

When they released a graphically dated and inferior machine with the Wii, they wowed the critics and analysts by sticking with motion control to lure non-gamers (or casual gamers, as the industry dictates) into the fold and it paid off because it was something new, interesting, and $100-$200 cheaper than Microsoft and Sony's boxes, respectively.

This Wii-U shit is touting "better graphics" HD support and a gimmicky touch screen controller thing. Is it really a good idea to put all of your eggs in one basket when your competitors are gearing to roll out true "next gen" systems? Nintendo should have worked on something that was as powerful as what Micro and Sony are gearing to put out. While Sony and Micro are approaching the next generation, Nintendo is just playing catch-up. As is the rule with gaming, "if the games are fun, the system will succeed". That's the problem though. I pretty much hated the Nintendo Wii (outside of Mario, Zelda, and Metroid) We bought it for the kid, and even he wants an XBOX instead. I honestly think the Wii-U is going to really have to pull out all of the stops to not be a monumental disaster.

Edited by fartz (01/07/12 05:04 AM)