Originally Posted By: gia jordan
I haaate people who try to 'connect' with the waitstaff. They don't realize they're actually doing the waitstaff a DISSERVICE by holding them up. At their WORK, slowing down their efficiency which slows down their money.

I had a date once say I was rude for not joining him in his faux chummy chit chat with the waiter. Nah dude, I'm being polite. I order, say please and thank you, and tip well. The waiter isn't a trained monkey here to indulge me or entertain me. Same for I don't care if the waiter smiles or not.

I've had dates before that have this unrealistic expectation of what "friendly" should be when it comes to servers. We'd get a server that was friendly enough, and somewhat in a hurry, and that would somehow equate to them being "rude" and less worthy of a decent tip in their eyes. These people are hustling from table to fucking table and these chicks expect them to be some kind of uber-polite, counselor type that need to spend extra time convincing us that their attitude is up to snuff. I hate when people expect food service or retail employees to go above and beyond what their minimum wage calls for. There's a big difference between "rude" and "politely efficient" and I've met soooo many people that can't differentiate between the two.