My latest purchase was car insurance. The company I've been with for the last 11 years dropped me, because they changed their criteria to determine if you are insurable. They now take into account any and all tickets you get, seat belt, inspection, etc.

Some online quotes and I settled on AAA. I've had their Roadside Assistance for 11 years also, and the rate was about the same. When I get there, they say they can't put me with AAA, because of a fender bender 2 years ago, but they write for Progressive, so I'm there. Jacked my rates $400 every 6 months, to $1067, just liability. Since I don't have health ins. I have to buy it through the car ins to cover any injuries I get in an accident. That was included in my last place.

Anyway, next Sept. I'll be able to get ins through AAA and since I'll have been using the Roadside for 12 years at that point, I'll get a 9% break. I think at 20 years with the roadside, you get a 20 or 25% break. You also get a 10% break if you have Home owners through them.

From what the agent at my last place told me, they have been hemorrhaging money since the economic downturn. If someone gets in a fender bender, they put in a claim, because they don't have the cash to fix it. If someone has been in an accident, they sue no matter what to try and get some free $$. Also, the place does a ton of Home Owner Ins, and with all the natural disasters they are getting fucked.

Oh well. Over the last 11 years I got the place 3 or 4 customers through positive word of mouth. Lets see how many I can cost them over the next 10.