Quote:

Tia, do you find the extra expense worthwhile for a non-AIM clinic to take your blood, then have it shipped out for diagnosis?

That is, I gather you have it done so the test results are ready for you when you’re wherever you’re scheduled to be...right?

Well, in Ohio Aim uses Labcorps to draw for the most part. They have some labs that come to you and draw but it's more expensive, so cheapest option is going to labcorp. Then they overnight to LA to be read thru AIM or for AIM. They then email me a link to view the test, print off, or whatever i need to do. Some producers can view online, some can't ... so I bring a copy either way.

Do I find the extra cost worth while ? Well, It's the only option if I'm planning a trip, so yes. Do I think it's way overpriced ? Yes, It is ... lol ... but welcome to the world of "you have no other choice." I could wait til i got to LA if shooting there and get tested, but too last minute for me. That would drive me nuts going out without a test already in hand. Plus, simple fact is that you never know if some dude passed something like Chlamydia on to you the previous trip until getting retested. Someone has a one night stand and passes it on ... then you get all the way out to LA and can't shoot. Girls quite often show no abnormal symptoms from Chlamydia so it's hard for us to know without testing, especially that soon after being infected. Hazard of the Biz. Funny thing is you pay all that money for testing and they don't even check for Herpes, HPV, or Hepatitis. There is a service called Talent testing services, which i'm told is a little more affordable and is being accepted by alot of companies and producers ... but not sure. I haven't tried them.