Cheyenne Jewel wrote:
Quote:

I am regretting moving out here now due to how slow the industry is. I keep encountering agents promising work that have nothing. Agents trying to tell me they have had companies turn me down for work because they have heard bad things about me. Well hello people, since I just moved here and haven't worked for many companies, how could you have heard anything that you can not take with a grain of salt? You should realize how people talk in this stupid industry. I have a lot of good references from Vegas and the east coast who hire me repeatedly, so I can not be that bad to work with.

and THIS ^ is how you avoid being ground in the gears of the XPT machine - honesty even at the risk of embarrassment. notice the elements of irony and self doubt, with a tinge of deer in the headlights. disarming, no? lurking PW's take note- you'll never get run out if you're fucking equitable.

for the Desi's, Shelly's and Dana DeArmand's of the world - all those living within their reality distortion field playing some character, sadly nothing can be done for you. except pray for an accidental overdose- the kind with silly-violent convulsions where the paramedics show up, shake their heads, make a call and throw the gear right back in the van- powerless as you twist and skitter off the runway to that campground behind the sun.

you go girl.

Attachments
434459-cheyenne.JPG (15 downloads)