JRV, doesn't that accounting go out when we pay for this stuff using borrowed money? Not that that's good or bad, but it changes how much tax revenue is needed. One thing for sure, we've dug ourselves a big ass hole, and it keeps getting deeper. I think the Obama idea is to bump up revenue by two routes, shifting more of the burden to those who can afford to pay, and kick starting the economy.

I disagree with the idea that only the rich create jobs. I helped create or continue jobs at Winnebago and Kawasaki in the last 3 years, it takes several of us middle class workers to create jobs, but that's who buys the bulk of consumer goods and services. Most of my little $50k gets spent on things that require others to work, even the taxes that pay Government workers, and the VISA payments to JM that pay PWs.

Most of us middle class folk are not going out to buy, for example, a new car anytime in the last few months, for three reasons - fear, no credit available, and some of us have lost our jobs. That's why the auto makers are in dire trouble, not because the rich folks aren't making investments in their stocks.

But I may be wrong, I've been wrong before, I've changed religion three times.

-Chuck, Vegetarian fanboy