Quote:

Quote:

Had "Shay" wanted to do more than just fuck a handful of times a month, she'd probably still be under contract.

Like what else is she suppose to do? Contract girls only do a fraction of movies that non-contract stars do. She was a big name and must have been doing something right. You don't think the fault lies with DP considering they let go of two of their stars? Shay and Gabriella Fox. They were both in the Pirates sequel but weren't even at the premiere. Shay wasn't even on the boxcover.

If you sign a contract promising to engage in various activities to promote the company & your movies, it is generally recognized that you will do that in addition to the limited amount of fucking you signed on for. Shay blogged (admittedly intermittently) for www.Xcritic.com and once in a blue moon posted on the forums there but it was like pulling teeth to get her to do even that little. The ONLY reason anyone might consider her a "big name" was due to the efforts of DP (and a fanboy reviewer that felt her inconsistent performances were all swell) and their promotional machine. She did fine in P2 but she wanted the glory without working for it (and I'm not at liberty to discuss the Gabriella Fox matter...sorry).

In general though, if you are a contract performer, you should expect to be at signings, doing promotional tours, and all sorts of other things rather than spread your legs once in awhile if you want to make it big (Jenna Jameson only made it big after Wicked Pictures poured heaps of cash promoting her, followed by Vivid and CJ, the gal kept doing all she needed to in order to earn that big payday).