Quote:

The choice of Washington, D.C. as a venue is puzzling, since the "community standards" of the District are a lot different from, say, Arizona (where Jeff's case was held) or the Northern District of Florida (where Max's case is being tried.) Hell, they're arguably more "advanced" (for lack of a better term) than the standards of Pittsburgh, where Rob Black's case is still winding its way through the Courts.

And what about the titles cited? I'm not familiar with the works in question, but they sound pretty tame by E.A. standards. And the Belladona title is just an on-line trailer? Isn't there anything in the entire Bella canon that they could have picked that would have offended community standards more than a trailer?

To me, it seems that the Gov't isn't really serious about prosecuting this case at all, and that this is just for show. It reminds me of the ongoing trial of the three cops in the Sean Bell shooting in Queens, the prosecution of whom is quarter-hearted at best.

Is it a federal court in DC or a court in Virginia? There's a court that encompasses the VA burbs of DC which is pretty conservative. The government likes to set cases there (especially national security cases) because the judge is pretty conservative and there are lots of ex-military people to draw from for juries. Sort or like a simi valley, but for a federal court.
I feel the pull on the rope, let me off at the rainbow
-Anyway, Genesis