Quote:

well, i can't speak to their "secret" goals, but did you ever hear of adoption? i doubt they would begrudge you adopting a homeless dog. it's also cheaper and the dog would likely be healthier than one from a puppy mill. going to breeders works, too. (though i think they frown on that, but whatever) and if dogs work like birds do, buying from a breeder is substantially cheaper than buying from a pet store. but i don't know anything about that, so who knows. you're also likely to get much better advice and information from a person who breeds the animal than some seventeen year-old at petsmart. (i once overheard a girl at petsmart advising a woman buying a lovebird that she had to get two, because lovebirds must be kept in pairs or they will die- this is not true)

Their goals aren't "secret" or daily topics on Fox News and Rush Limbaugh (nice try making this a right/left issue), but you're an idiot if you can't see what they're trying to achieve. So, as you admit, peta doesn't want pet stores selling animals and they "frown" on breeders so, how should I acquire some African cichlids for my fish tank? Fly to Africa and adopt them from Lake Malawi? Once pet stores and breeders are gone am I supposed to wait for my local animal control to nab a wild dog and then hope to "adopt" it? No thanks. If peta is pissed that petsmart's employees are misinformed, fine expose them. If peta believes petsmart's animal supplier is inhumane, fine force them to change suppliers. Don't expect people to join the fight against petsmart to stop selling animals. It's petsmart! What do you want them to sell? Cars? Did people ask Nike to stop selling shoes when people found out they were made in sweat shops? No, they were pressured to change/improve working conditions or find a new manufacturer etc.

Quote:

i would assume they want you to bitch to petsmart and boycott them because no one is going to rainbow world exotics to buy pets.

you're misleading everyone again and your assumption is wrong. peta wants petsmart to stop selling animals completely (your second link).

I've owned pets my entire life, dogs, cats, fish, both saltwater and tropical. I've spent more money on my pet's vet bills than my own medical bills. peta is bullshit and if they spent as much time trying to close down/improve animal mills as they did pouring paint on fur coats or closing petsmart I might actually get on board.