I witnessed 2 accidents on 58th Street today. The 1st involved a tailgating car whacking into the back of an empty cab. There was no damage to the cab. The car barely had damage to the bumper.

After therapy while sitting in a park overlooking the street, a van plowed into a parked Con-Ed truck and completely smashed his left front end into the back corner of the truck. The headlight literally exploded! POP! Colorful glass/plastic all over.

The Con-Ed driver comes out to see the damage and is quite frustrated. This can't be too good for him even though its not his fault at all. The looks-like-a-Taliban-to-me van driver points that he's going to pull up. And he takes off!!

The delay of everything that happened meant he got a good run from one avenue to the other, and though likely stopped by the light ahead, was way out of "license view" in seconds.

The Con-Ed guy started to run after him. Then came back. Tried to get his truck going only to be blocked by the people who were backed up during the first couple minutes after the accident.

The guy is gone. Poor driver! Explain all this to the Con-Ed dispatcher!

Could this be how Bin Laden got away in Afghanistan?