Quote:

Quote:

my grandmothers Birth cert and I have a company tracking it down, but there are some issues in the city she was born in where they had piss poor record keeping.

Rob, have you tried the village/town/city church records? Many births were never recorded at city hall. The local priest always kept meticulous records that are easily found, except in relatively rare cases of documents lost in the war.

Italian women also were not allowed by law to pass on citizenship until the formation of the unified nation in 1948, so technically a grandfather's birth certificate should always work.

It's really just easier to be Irish. They print those passports like the Sicilians print wine labels for their vinegar bottles.

Yah, for some reason the consulate in Miami are sticklers about having EVERYONE down the line, they want a full geneology... I hear the LA consulate follows the "only need down the direct line of decent" rule.

I'm aware of how it works with the records there, and the worst part is, her uncle was the main priest there, but apparently there were some issues as the old province became absorbed into a new province, and yeah, some war time losses.
"You're disgusting, you Caligula-esque mother fucker. But I like your avatar, so you get a pass. "-Chilledstoli If you're normal, people will accept you... but if you're DERANGED... they will make you their leader! -Christopher Titus