Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread

Posted by: Barry the Pirate

Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 10/28/12 09:22 PM

SOA, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, Homeland...any of the really good shows.

Holy Fucking Shit. That Governor is up to absolutely no good at all.
Posted by: frankie fatale

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 10/29/12 09:24 AM

the new comedy on abc,the neighbors is really funny.plus it has jamie gertz.the rest of their comedies are funny as usual.only thing is tim allens show got moved to fridays.itll be backed by a reba mcentire(whos looking hot as ever)show,but usually when shows get moved around thats the first step to cancellation.

the league is as funny as ever.barry if you havent watched this show you should catch up on netflix.they have all of the first 3 seasons.
Posted by: faceblaster

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 10/29/12 10:48 AM

Louie on FX. Season 2.
It's always sunny in Philadelphia
Shameless
Boardwalk Empire
Black Dynamite
The Boondocks
American Pickers

But the best show of the year got cancelled after claims of racism: The Wiener's Circle.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 10/29/12 12:26 PM

I'm way behind on the Network's shows. I've only caught the first ep of Modern Family. I've seen a couple of Revolutions, and I think I'm liking it a little.

Too much shit, too little time.
Posted by: NitneLiun

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 10/30/12 03:46 AM

Still liking Dexter. That blond chick is definitely going on Dexter's slab. I hope he has something great in store for Titus Pullo.
Posted by: LouCypher

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 10/30/12 08:41 PM

Regarding walking dead...the governor is merely Herschel to the next level.
there better be a bigger twist coming on that end of the story.

Hopefully the geek in the Frankenstein lab and the heads in the study hint at a techno break through yet to be seen. I doubt much will happen at the prison beyond the basic struggle but we all know its a matter of time before the brothers are reunited and most likely that will be a turning point for the survivors or the governors crew.
Posted by: Claude Goddard

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 10/31/12 02:09 AM

They're not going to stick right to the comic but there's no way the Governor is just Herschel to the next level. Keep watching, this is where the comic gets real nasty, will be interesting to see how far they go on TV.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 10/31/12 05:00 AM

nice...

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 10/31/12 12:34 PM

I read the Wiki on the novel. It seems to be happening in a different order.

In SOA news, Jax Teller's descent into madness is coming along nicely.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 10/31/12 01:07 PM

Jax and his wife seem to have forgotten about their exit strategy. I think they are more concerned with consolidating power and seem to enjoy their roles as the head-motherfuckers-in-charge.
Posted by: Spunko

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 10/31/12 01:09 PM

Juice just got the kiss of death from Clay.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 10/31/12 05:36 PM

I'm kind of surprised Juice is still alive.

He must be the dumbest motherfucker alive to confide in Clay. What the hell was he thinking?

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/01/12 09:38 AM

I thought the black dad thing was taken care of.

I love how the good doctor has gone from professional attire to greasy biker attire in no time at all.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/01/12 11:46 AM

She's a biker mama at heart. That whole physician thing is just a hobby.

I don't understand why they called another doctor when the whore caught a bullet in the leg at the whorehouse.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/01/12 03:54 PM

I think Tara had other things on her mind(Abel and the baby).

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/01/12 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Barry the Pirate

I love how the good doctor has gone from professional attire to greasy biker attire in no time at all.

ehh...if peg bundy can do it any whore can I guess?. Imagine if Sagal and Perlman actually had a kid?. That things head would break its own neck without proper support.

and Netflix just put up another season so I'm not even hating on all the spoilers.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/01/12 06:16 PM

this was good...

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/01/12 08:39 PM

Any guesses as to who the turncoat/traitor is in next weeks episode?

I'm betting on Carl. Little shithead.
Posted by: backdoorman

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/02/12 08:03 AM

Is Rick going to descend into power mad tyrannical homicidal hell or is he going to come back to his old self ? [relatively]

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/02/12 02:17 PM

My vote is for dictator. I was hoping for a little more drawing out the prisoner storyline, but when it ends as abruptly and spectacularly as this one did, I'm good.

Haven't gotten to this weeks Homeland, but I still can't get past sending your deepest operative on a fucking milk run. They can fix that by waterboarding Brody until he shits himself.
Posted by: Sho'nuff

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/12/12 06:16 PM

I think this is where things really head off the rails for Rick and the rest of the gang... That phone ringing does not bode well.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/12/12 06:26 PM

yup^ there's a shotcaller at the prison and it isn't Rick.

and the governor still seems to be an amped up Herschel at this point. I realize the comic storyline says different as stated previously but I don't see "Phillip" as a badass of any sort. Michonne basically shit on his chest from a seated position this last ep. Maybe they cast the wrong guy?. dude seems like Bill Pullman-lite.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/12/12 06:57 PM

Did you guys watch Talking Dead last night ? They explained that last zombie kill. I didn't catch it until I heard the explanation. The zombie had eaten Ricks wife's dead body and thus the swollen belly. The bullet he found was the one Rick's son shot her with. There was hair in the zombie's mouth. The blood on the floor was where the zombie drug the body. Too much for mind to grasp at the time but they were talking about how they were surprised they got away with so much gore on this particular episode. Split zombie heads and one zombie chopped in half spectacularly and such.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/12/12 07:06 PM

missed the talking dead but I figured out the last scene.
However, I actually thought it was strange that Carl capped her without a silencer since they were all hiding in that room. I had my doubts he actually did it.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/12/12 07:12 PM

What I'd like to know is how many fucking people were in that prison. Its a zombiepalooza !

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/12/12 07:18 PM

I know, right?.
the zombie body count is outta this world.

and so help me if it turns out some asshole is collecting zombies at the prison I'm going to give up on the show. That would make it every fucken place the survivors have been that that shit has been going on.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/12/12 08:08 PM

Nah, that phone call has gotta be Rick's sanity calling him to say goodbye.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/13/12 01:36 PM

The Governor symbolizes the banality of evil. Few truly dangerous crazy people look dangerous or crazy.

I can almost understand the collecting of undead, but I agree it's too much of a common thread wherever they go.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/18/12 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Sho'nuff
Nah, that phone call has gotta be Rick's sanity calling him to say goodbye.

you nailed it. well done.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/18/12 09:39 PM

Thank you. Other than aesthetics they seem to be really trying to maintain a sense of realism... Phones just wouldn't be functioning with no electricity to power the infrastructure. It was the only answer.

Real question is, does he come back from it? I mean Hershel has to know he is off his rocker, when he picked up the phone there was a notable lack of dial tone and you could see the concern in his eyes.

Crazy stuff!

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/30/12 03:00 PM

Caught the last half hour of SOA. Pretty brutal. That bald dude was not light handed covering up Clay's tattoos.

When Jax got the loaded whatever at the ex's house, I turned to my girl and said "he doesn't have a gun". Any forced to be a junkie storyline works for me.

Jax isn't going to turn Tig over to Pope. I'm pretty sure Pope will catch a slug in the finale. Remember when he and Jax were talking "insurance" policies? Pope said there were contractors and whichever killed his killer gets $5mil. There's next season's storyline.

I have no idea where anything else going to go, other than I'm sure Nero will be doing a heel turn.

I've only seen maybe a combined 45 minutes of the last 3 eps, so I'm probably talking out my ass.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/30/12 03:34 PM

i thought sure tig would be done by now after laying the fuck on washerface...opies pain in the balls first wife.

i'm obviously way behind the story arc..

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/30/12 04:25 PM

I agree with you Barry,but I think Jax is setting up August(Pope's right hand man) to take the fall. He was getting chummy with him last episode talking about loyalty and/or patience.
If he really planned to turn over Tig they wouldn't have shown that in preview for next weeks episode.

I'm expecting a good finale.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/30/12 05:37 PM

i think tig and pope die next episode.if anything jax wants popes darkman to run the show after pope turns up missing.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 11/30/12 09:24 PM

I just can't get past Pope burning Tig's daughter alive...in front of him. How do you just get over that and go back about your lecherous way? Why is he not insane? Actually, I'd be all about Tiggy snuffing Pope.

Nero's evil. It's going to be a shocker.
Posted by: the unknown pervert

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/01/12 05:56 AM

I'm really surprised that Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Mickey Hart, and company didn't pick up The Walking Dead moniker to do their tours after Jerry died.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/03/12 02:56 PM

The entire Boardwalk finale was like the last 15 minutes of the Departed. It'll take til next season to clean up the brains.

Dead was pleasant. Not a huge cliffhanging, just a nice priming to keep interest into February. The Gov is a total one eyed badass at this point. People love to follow a man on a white horse.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/03/12 03:06 PM

The Boardwalk Empire finale kind of confused me. At first, I thought that Nuccy sent Richard Harrow into the whorehouse, but later when Nuccy and his brother were there, they looked surprised by all the carnage. I think Harrow might have been doing a personal project, as he sometimes does.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/03/12 04:48 PM

Exactly. Harrow is on his own, just out to protect Jimmy's son. He's Travis Bickle at that point. A disaffected, detached from reality war vet with a stockpile of weapons and high level killing skills. They even do the shot from Taxi Driver where he's laying out his arsenal.
I thought the scenes with Gretchen Moll and Cannavale were the best either has done all year.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/03/12 07:39 PM

Harrow has always been the protector and only took direction from Jimmy. He was clearly on his own mission to save the kid. The season finale had a series finale vibe to it. There's no cliffhanger whatsoever beyond the pissed off wife(that's original) and prohibition.

Dexter.... I'm not feeling it anymore. Dexter is basically a superhero without a costume at this point.

Walking Dead.... I'm still waiting for the Governor to be the sick twisted fuck someone promised he'd be. So far he's been the victim.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/03/12 10:25 PM

ive only seen parts of random episodes of dexter and its not watchable at all.fucking guy cant stop thinking to himself and all the characters suck.

wee wees(yeah i edited this due to a typo,just added this right now to see if anyone would notice)

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/04/12 04:11 AM

I'm a Dexter fan because of the writing. Every episode presents at least one avenue for Dexter's eventual apprehension, but he always slips away. Right now, La Huerta's investigation, Dexter's murderous girlfriend and his seeming abandonment of The Code and the concept of the Dark Passenger are going to lead to a great remainder of the season and series finale next season.

Boardwalk Empire did leave a subtle cliffhanger. The coming conflict with Rothstein over the Pennsylvania distillery is almost sure to lead to more carnage. I'm also intrigued by the Harrow story. His character is going to be a very big part of next season, I think.

I don't see how the governor is a victim. He's a real sick, malevolent megalomaniac. Can't wait to see that piece of shit get taken down.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/04/12 11:31 AM

I can see where Dex could come to some good stuff, but right now it's just blah. It's like Weeds. I'm sort of committed.

The Gov painting himself as a victim is brilliant from a PR standpoint. It's one thing to have walls to protect you from the mindless undead. It's a whole other thing to have sentient "enemies" that the rabble need protection from. I'm figuring he and his inner circle had something to do with the prison, either as inmates or as management.

Nero's true intent will show tonight on SOA.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/04/12 05:30 PM

I'm thinking that his accusing Merle of being a traitor is BS. Its just a ruse to get him in with Darryl and the others before screwing them over.
Nice to see Michonne give him a beatdown. Would've finished the job if not for Andrea. She's major league stupid.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/04/12 07:12 PM

"The Gov painting himself as a victim is brilliant from a PR standpoint. It's one thing to have walls to protect you from the mindless undead. It's a whole other thing to have sentient "enemies" that the rabble need protection from. I'm figuring he and his inner circle had something to do with the prison, either as inmates or as management."

This reminds me so much of Emperor Obama.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/05/12 12:53 PM

And I wasn't even going in the Obama direction. I think it's actually pretty common amongst your leader types, no matter how benign or malignant their intentions.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/05/12 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: backdoorman
"The Gov painting himself as a victim is brilliant from a PR standpoint. It's one thing to have walls to protect you from the mindless undead. It's a whole other thing to have sentient "enemies" that the rabble need protection from. I'm figuring he and his inner circle had something to do with the prison, either as inmates or as management."

This reminds me so much of Emperor Obama.

Dude, you're taking this Walking Dead shit way too seriously. Speaking of taking the Walking Dead way too seriously. . .

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/07/12 12:08 AM

The historical Rothstein and the fictional Rothstein will meet the same fate, I think.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/07/12 05:40 AM

Okay which one of you dorks is this?
Posted by: John Floofin

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/07/12 08:39 AM

I can't wait for Archer, Justified, and Game of Thrones this winter!

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/07/12 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: NitneLiun
I don't see how the governor is a victim. He's a real sick, malevolent megalomaniac.

really?. I have him as a victim.
- He keeps his zombie daughter as a pet because he can't let go and fully deal with the concept of loss and accept the world for what it is. Same with the aquarium.

- Every time Michonne shows up he gets rocked.

- He's the "governor" but wasn't getting any pussy until Andrea showed up and he had to drop the act and go "Phillip" to get some. weak!

- He used the one armed guy as a scapegoat because Rick and crew walked into their town and busted skulls. Mind you Rick is still all sorts of fucked up but not on the level of weak ass Phillip.

the dudes a poor excuse for a villain. Shane and Carols husband were far more sinister.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/07/12 10:55 PM

The banality of evil. Sinister isn't a look, it's a vibe. I didn't see Carol's husband as sinister. I saw him as a bitch who would back down the second another man told him in no uncertain terms that the world had changed and the rest of the group won't be put in danger because he's punching his Nazi loving wife. And that the group is more important than one person. That everyone is disposable. And he's at the top of the list.

The Gov is charisma. A salesman or a sociopath. Think the General in the Postman. His pistol on the hip is a pretty badass look tho.
Posted by: drained

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/08/12 08:11 AM

One advantage of generally watching TV shows as whole seasons is staying interested, even after bad episodes.

The Walking Dead's mostly fun and such, but it turned on me with the latest episode.

The "terrorist" blubber's uninventive writing usually seen on really bad network shows and it's been a mere decade since official propaganda made it into television drama programming - ridiculous to no end.

Minimerica's blood-thirsty and full of bigotry - good news from so, so long ago.

The tyrant's a loony psycho, chauvinistically serving along a Futurama heads reference for the pack he wants his public side to be adored by and he's got some baby girl issues on top - not that bad in concept, but played out and in that episode it was pretty fucking bad.

Ninja sister bitch needs a hug - the angry black woman number's played out and the vacant staring's getting tiresome.

The contrived pseudo story trying to put together why who goes where and shit inevitably goes South isn't much more than exactly that - there's stuff to be hacked and shot and sprayed after all just like in any other bad horror flick.

Hopefully it was a one-time shocker and not a preview of bullshit to come.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/08/12 10:26 AM

I think this discussion shows the "richness" of the Dead. Well developed characters and meaningful plot. Sort of a Zombie Star Trek ? lol

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/08/12 03:24 PM

Star Trek always had some really bad episodes sprinkled in where some warp drive just didn't fire up or a cave collapsed or other shit. Less CGI, less cost and so on.
Posted by: Nathanial Mayweather

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/08/12 10:42 PM

The best TV on the Radio show is Breaking Bad everything else is just tolerable...

Walking Dead LOLZ...(fucking video game on Tv and the low IQ public loves it like they loved When the Whistle Blows on Extras... you having a laugh you having a laugh? ) substitute catchphrases for zombie kills and that's your show..

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/09/12 06:20 PM

breaking bad huh?.

I'll have to check that out.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/09/12 06:47 PM

I've heard good things about it.

Popping the VP on Homeland has me nicely dragged back in.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/09/12 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: LouCypher
breaking bad huh?.

Seriously, you haven't watched it? Do it, do it now. You'll thank me.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/10/12 03:28 AM

breaking bad huh?.

The best TV show ever was and is The Wire. The Best Tv Show on TV now is Breaking Bad. It's a close call but right now I put The Wire ahead of Bad however Bad has 1 last season to pull ahead.

Top Ten

1. The Wire
2. Breaking Bad
3. The Sopranos
4. M.A.S.H
5. Seinfeld
6. All In the Family(the first 5 years)
7. The Office(U.K.)
8. Arrested Development
9. House
10. South Park(best pure satire on TV right now)
Posted by: Vice Admiral

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/10/12 03:54 AM

Good list, but The Office, Breaking Bad and the Sopranos don't belong. Add Firefly, Homicide: Life on the Street, and Cheers.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/10/12 04:56 AM

Firefly wasn't a series it was a cancellation and a campy low budget movie. Sify is just daft and can never be good. Its distraction at its best.

Homicide:Life on the streets was on Network TV and went on too long and The Wire blows the other Baltimore crime show outa the watter...

Cheers...? LOLZ.... "you wanna go were everybody knows your name" LAME....No HUGGIN and NO LEARNING..

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/10/12 11:05 AM

Is the Wire on Netflix?

Good call on Homicide: LOTS, that show was the tits but did hang on a few years past its prime.
Posted by: have2cit

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/10/12 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Rear Admiral
Good list, but The Office, Breaking Bad and the Sopranos don't belong. Add Firefly, Homicide: Life on the Street, and Cheers.

Firefly was one of the most original shows ever produced. Taking two separate genres and melding them together as one. Not to mention some the best writing I've ever heard. The basic premise of the show was individual liberty versus the tyranny of big government. With Hollywood and most of the people running it firmly in the leftist camp these days, this program could never be produced today.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/10/12 11:55 AM

The Shield belongs on the list. As do:

The Honeymooners
The Simpsons
The Dick Van Dyke Show
Mary Tyler Moore Show
The Andy Griffith Show
The Rifleman
Hill Street Blues
The Larry Sanders Show
Leave it to Beaver (best kids show ever)
Great American Dream Machine

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/10/12 12:13 PM

Twilight Zone.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/10/12 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: have2cit

Firefly was one of the most original shows ever produced. Taking two separate genres and melding them together as one. Not to mention some the best writing I've ever heard. The basic premise of the show was individual liberty versus the tyranny of big government. With Hollywood and most of the people running it firmly in the leftist camp these days, this program could never be produced today.

Which is ironic in that Joss Whedon is a typical Hollywood leftie.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 09:45 AM

Actors only know what's put in front of them.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 06:34 PM

why no sopranos?. and yes breaking bad!. mad men too.

and recommending breaking bad is so 2009. guapo was talking that shit back in the day. sometimes you fuckers are exceedingly numb and i never EVER use the word exceedingly.
Posted by: Bornyo

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: faceblaster

The Honeymooners
The Simpsons
The Dick Van Dyke Show
Mary Tyler Moore Show
The Andy Griffith Show
The Rifleman
Hill Street Blues
The Larry Sanders Show

Can't disagree with any of those.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Bornyo
Originally Posted By: faceblaster

The Honeymooners
The Simpsons
The Dick Van Dyke Show
Mary Tyler Moore Show
The Andy Griffith Show
The Rifleman
Hill Street Blues
The Larry Sanders Show

Can't disagree with any of those.

These Cunts have Tvland and similar shit on TV all day. Probably have stacks of vintage Saturday Evening Post and Boys life magazines with Rockwell Illustrations on the cover of "America" and that's what they have in their little craniums when they bitch and moan about when they look an illegal doing a job they don't want to do or Barack Obama being president...

You're headed towards extinction motherfuckers

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 08:04 PM

i hate to do it but i agree with nate. fuck that list.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 08:09 PM

If you don't know what those shows did to American TV as far as camera work, number of cameras, set design, storylines character development and dialogue than you are just as clueless as meat.

I'd add "All in the Family" to that list as well.

Those are not just old shows. They were almost all groundbreaking in some way. Just because they were before your time and you don't understand what they meant at the time doesn't make them less significant. You have a lot of growing up to do.

The only show I question in his list is Rifleman but I can see why it's there as it portrayed a single Dad who was hard-nosed yet competent with his son. This is different from Andy Griffith which later had that theme but is more revolutionary for it's use of cameras and the quality of its writing.

Edit: My comment was addressed to Nate not Lou but it's always good for XPT to stir up a little controversy between Mods.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 08:10 PM

then i guess mtvs real world should be on the list.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 08:14 PM

I don't know about Real World because I didn't/don't watch it but if you think so, hey go for it.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 08:25 PM

What a pisser cunt. Typical boringho "counter" full on nonsense and then aggrandizing his position in comparison to Lou. Hey, Lou is your fucking boss twit and can hire and fire you ass...

You Berk Twat

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 08:35 PM

real world was shit and would never belong on a greatest shows list.
it's claim to fame was an aids laced minority shitting the bed post production from what I remember. that and it pretty much started the reality show bit.

Now fear factor on the other hand...

@ Nate... deep breath....relax. you've been here before. it's going to be okay.
tv is like music...you can only be so right.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 08:41 PM

In response to Nate:

What? You post that nonsense and expect anyone to believe you didn't mean to sign in under your PipeDream account?

English. Try it.

I understand it very well and don't need a thesaurus or dictionary to know what aggrandizing means. Now explain why you think my post was such or you will get the fuck out of this thread, and possibly others, until you can contribute something other than derails to each and every thread you post in. You've confessed being psychotic or neurotic or some other coddled-kid disease description for "can't get along with others" but you won't be coddled here. Just because your parents neglected you and Social Services medicated you doesn't mean we have to. Not yet.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 08:50 PM

In response to Nate:
White Conservative paranoia, White Conservative paranoia,White Conservative paranoia,White Conservative paranoia,White Conservative paranoia,

White Conservative paranoia Racism,

jacking off, jacking off,jacking off,jacking off,jacking off,jacking off,jacking off,jacking off,jacking off,jacking off,jacking off,jacking off,jacking off,jacking off,jacking off,jacking off,jacking off,jacking off,

The pathetic part is you look at evidence of your daftness as proof of your genius....

You're a pasty old tired white redneck inbred... nothing more nothing less...

Posted by: Jigaloo

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 08:54 PM

You had the nerve to call him Boringyo? You're natural Ambien.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 08:57 PM

Niggerish Response

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 09:03 PM

Yeah I don't get it either. For someone begging for attention by screaming for creativity in others posts he is just doing the same old song and dance. To the point I wish it was Monkey trolling again. It would be much better if Monkey was trolling. That would be creative but only if it was Monkey.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 09:15 PM

What a little baby. You accuse me of derailing the thread when I attacked you what you liked about boringho Tv which was on topic. Instead of staying on topic you went after me with you same old tired better than you old man bullshit.. and now you accuse me of being repetitive...

boring dolt

speaking of old

how old are you

from the picture I think you played Football with a leather helmet.

I don't have anything against old folk, its either getting old or dying and I'd rather get old

however with age there is a reasonable expectation of wisdom and you have absolutely none

then again your a self proclaimed king of a jerk off spank forum in a forgotten corner of cyber space

probably expecting to much..

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 09:25 PM

PipeD....spelling and grammar cleanup on aisle Nate Mayweather.
repeat....
aisle Nate Mayweather.

I'm glad to see the shield made a list. good show.
I used to hear people rave about dennis learys show...rescue me was it?.
I fucken hate that guy. whoever decided he was fit to play a tough guy needs their head checked.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/11/12 09:54 PM

You guys'll see what you want and do your thing. A bit paranoid and surprisingly active for once, yes, yes?

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/12/12 01:18 PM

Nate took his moniker from the movie Cabin Boy. His opinions on quality media are therefore moot.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/12/12 02:06 PM

Great and groundbreaking aren't the same. Real World, Survivor, that kind of stuff brought about a new style of tv production. But to call either "great" would be a bit much.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/12/12 06:13 PM

Great and groundbreaking aren't the same. Real World, Survivor, that kind of stuff brought about a new style of tv production. But to call either "great" would be a bit much.

You are right, and the thread doesn't say "great", but "good".

And I'm sure the OP meant current shows. But since when does anything stay on topic here? Typical XPT wandering. It's like a locals bar but more real than Cheers- more like Moes.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/13/12 01:00 AM

Want a more contemporary list?
In no particular order:

Sopranos
Shield
The Wire
The Simpsons
Homeland
The Newsroom
Seinfeld
Larry Sanders Show
Mr Show with Bob and David
Spongebob Squarepants

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/13/12 01:25 AM

Larry Sanders is the root of a lot of modern day comedy greatness I think, including the UK Office and Curb.

Haven't seen a mention of Deadwood yet. I'll do it here.

Justified is also solid.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/13/12 01:39 AM

You are right, and the thread doesn't say "great", but "good".

And I'm sure the OP meant current shows. But since when does anything stay on topic here? Typical XPT wandering. It's like a locals bar but more real than Cheers- more like Moes.

As the OP's personal representative, I think he probably meant current, but only because he didn't think of older shows, or great vs. groundbreaking...that sort of thing. But I assure you he's good with it going wherever it goes.

Someone put Leave It to Beaver. I absolutely loved that show. It had wrapped before I was born, but I identified with the family. My parents were actually my grandparents. So my mom and dad were way older than my friend's parents. All the parents on Beaver were my parent's age. They were the only ones on tv like my parents. I can sit and watch a Sunday marathon of the Beav, stoned to the gills, spouting line for line, without a trace of irony.

Not originally tv, but we watched a bunch of the early Little Rascals shorts. It was a different world then.

Just bought my kid a DVD set of the Lancelot Link series. Chimps capering around like humans. Nothing made a better Saturday morning than a big Jethro Bodine sized bowl of Capn Crunch, Lancelot Link on the tv and my parents still in bed.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/13/12 11:08 AM

The Gospel According to Gus the Fireman. Great read.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/13/12 11:10 AM

Best Reality Show: An Idiot Abroad

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/13/12 02:50 PM

Is the Idiot Abroad guy as clueless as he seems or is it an Andy Kauffman thing?

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/13/12 03:56 PM

I loved Lancelot Link. I think I was a member of the fan club, if there was one.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/13/12 05:45 PM

Is the Idiot Abroad guy as clueless as he seems or is it an Andy Kauffman thing?

as a wrestling fan you already know the answer. that shit is produced.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/14/12 12:44 AM

Just as I suspected. It's still real to me, dammit.

Does anyone recall Crime Story? That show turned me onto the genius that is Dennis Farina. I wasn't a huge fan of the first season, but when they moved the show to Vegas, it picked up nicely. Very early 60s Vegas. Mob intrigue, tweaking historical events, atom bomb testing in the desert. Even a recurring character played by Dice Clay. The theme song was a reworking of Del Shannon's Runaway that was fantastic. Season 2 ended on a cliffhanger, and no Season 3.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/14/12 02:53 AM

Believe Abel Ferrara was behind Crime Story. Vaguely remember it.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/14/12 09:57 AM

Just as I suspected. It's still real to me, dammit.

Does anyone recall Crime Story? That show turned me onto the genius that is Dennis Farina. I wasn't a huge fan of the first season, but when they moved the show to Vegas, it picked up nicely. Very early 60s Vegas. Mob intrigue, tweaking historical events, atom bomb testing in the desert. Even a recurring character played by Dice Clay. The theme song was a reworking of Del Shannon's Runaway that was fantastic. Season 2 ended on a cliffhanger, and no Season 3.

I'll see your Crime Story and raise you a Wiseguy. It turned me on to the genius that is Jonathan Banks.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/14/12 11:32 AM

Never cared for Wiseguy. The lead's facial features were a little too chiseled for my taste.

I turned on to Criminal Minds a few years ago. Serial killer buff and all. My girl gets pissed at me because the title segment shows pics of serial killers that the Behavioral Sciences Unit never had anything to do with. Ramirez, Manson...I can't remember the others. I always have to comment on it. I'm a cheeky bastard.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/14/12 01:58 PM

I didn't really care for the Wiseguy lead either, but the other cast members were more than solid. Banks, Sharkey and Spacey were all memorable.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/15/12 03:49 AM

The An Idiot Abroad guy is not a schill or faking it. He is genuine. It grew out of a podcast they did long ago. The TV shows are of course manipulated to show only his flaws, but he is not scripted or hamming it up.
Posted by: fartz

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/15/12 08:29 AM

real world was shit and would never belong on a greatest shows list.
it's claim to fame was an aids laced minority shitting the bed post production from what I remember. that and it pretty much started the reality show bit.

Now fear factor on the other hand...

@ Nate... deep breath....relax. you've been here before. it's going to be okay.
tv is like music...you can only be so right.

The Real World started the genius "let's put extremely unlikable people on TV to act a fool and make the viewing audience feel validated about themselves and their lives" type of reality TV that carries on today with Honey Boo-Boo, Teen Mom, and Jersey Shore. I think COPS is what really started the reality ball rolling.

And where's the ALF love at? Fucking loved that show.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/15/12 07:21 PM

Loved Gordon Schumway.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/16/12 06:25 AM

I knew you'd be on board, Barry. ALF was a love it or hate it thing. Granted, I was a kid when it was on, but my Dad who was in his forties at that point, fucking loved the show too. I wouldn't have been able to see it otherwise. He was the master of the remote control with the exceptions of Saturday mornings and weekday afternoons on off days at school, where my sisters were in control. Lots of Little House On The Prairie and Facts Of Life in my childhood there.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/16/12 11:34 AM

I came to appreciate Little House maybe 15 years ago. I never understood why the town didn't rise up and lynch Mrs. Olsen, that twat daughter of hers and the twattier adopted daughter. Fucking evil corporations.

I loved the very special Facts of life when Tootie was almost dragged into slavery. Priceless cautionary tale.

I was lucky. There were at least 4 tvs in the house.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/17/12 06:39 PM

It'd be cool if Dexter showed up on Homeland.

Or Gandolfini and Big Pussy(since hes floating around out there like the bottles on the intro)on Boardwalk Empire.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/17/12 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: fartz
I knew you'd be on board, Barry. ALF was a love it or hate it thing.

I was a kid too, but even then I though puppets belonged on Sesame Street and took no interest in ALF. I've never watched an episode.

I heard "Good night, John Boy" too many times as a kid with my family watching the Waltons and I think that poisoned me and kept me from watching Little House. Can't stand it. Doesn't mean they aren't good shows. Just means they aren't to my taste. Pretty sure the plot of "Pale Rider" was dealt with in an episode of Little House, but just as certain I didn't watch it.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/17/12 11:31 PM

Haven't gotten to Dex yet. The Homeland finale was a good one. I'm looking forward to next season after this dog. If they'd just dump Daines and give him a love interest with a less contorted face. I hated that shit in My So Called Life, I hated it in the Thai chicks in prison movie, and I hate it in Homeland. She definitely needs a Blue Steel expression.

I've got a puppet weakness, anyway, but I thought Alf was a pretty complex character. Especially for 80's sitcommery.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/18/12 06:33 AM

^^^^^

I won't spoil Dexter for you, but you are going to be shocked by the last few minutes. The next (and final) season is going to be very interesting.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/18/12 07:12 AM

That Dexter finale turned a hard left in the last 15 minutes, and got real tense... real fast...

So good, and I really like the fact that I can't figure out how the next two seasons will play out!
Posted by: smutspov

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/22/12 06:33 PM

Kurt Sutter Slams AMC Over ‘Walking Dead’ Showrunner Glen Mazzara Exit

Sutter said, “AMC is run by small-minded, bottom-line thinkers who have no appreciation or gratitude for the effort of its creative personnel. Time and time again we see events like what happened today with Glen Mazzara. They continue to disrespect writers, sh*t on their audience and bury their network.”

link

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/23/12 11:04 PM

Sutter strikes me as a bit of a loose cannon. Kind of a Seth Rogan on crystal.

When the fucking fuck does Shameless start?

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/23/12 11:34 PM

January 13.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/24/12 04:46 PM

I'm sure the country won't last that long.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/26/12 09:42 AM

TV sucks for the most part, especially reality shows & talent competition garbage, and there certainly isn't much on the likes of ABC, CBS, & NBC besides sports, but Elementary is pretty good thus far. It's one of the few shows I dvr. Plus, Lucy Liu makes me so horny, she was good on Southland, too.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/26/12 11:43 AM

what station is that on?^

saw some lockup eps over the weekend.caught the one that had the inspiration for the booty warrior on the boondocks.

i watched the xmas episode of victorious.as far as i know victoria justice and arianna grande are passed legal age now.this show is actually funny and doesnt just have eye candy.i like the mall goth girl too.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/26/12 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: frankie figgs
what station is that on?^

It's the only thing on CBS worth watching.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/26/12 07:35 PM

yeah cbs has always had shitty shit.i was watching reruns of the big bang theory for a lil while.then i either saw too many of them or it just got old.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/27/12 06:01 PM

They rocked Jericho.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/27/12 06:56 PM

shit ive forgotten about 2 broke girls.i missed an ep and never got caught up on demand so now ive missed a bunch.its still on right?

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/27/12 08:13 PM

I watched the first 3 or so eps, because I fucking love Kat Dennings and her amazing tits. I can't understand how that show has stayed on the air. Maybe I need more casual swearing in my sitcoms.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/28/12 07:43 AM

...and cancelled it when it was getting good.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/28/12 07:44 AM

It's still on.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/28/12 07:46 AM

New ones ???? Fuck no ! Cancelled in 2008.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/28/12 07:50 AM

Yes. It's on winter hiatus like everything else right now. The most recent new episode aired on 12/17 and it should be back in mid-January. Had to be tough for Kat Dennings since Thor 2 started filming in September and she was deep into shooting 2BG then too.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/28/12 07:54 AM

WTF you talking about ?
Saw an article that Netflix wants to revive it.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/28/12 07:55 AM

I thought you were talking about 2 Broke Girls, sorry. There were two posts between Barry saying Jericho rocked and your reply.

If you're talking about Jericho, there were two comic series produced as a Season 3 and 4.
Posted by: have2cit

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/28/12 08:02 AM

I'm wondering if that new series that will be on FOX, The Following, is going to be any good or if it's just a big fat TV payday for Kevin Bacon.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/28/12 10:25 AM

it looks like it could be good.the only thing is that even when a drama on fox is good ie the chicago code theres a good chance it wont make it passed a season.ive never watched the show mob doctor but im sure it wont make it to mid season even.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/28/12 10:46 AM

Mob Doctor was already cancelled Frankie.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/28/12 10:46 AM

see.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/28/12 08:15 PM

Looking forward to the Following. It has an almost Millennium feel to it.

Loved Jericho. It was a very unfinished show at the end. I'll have to find the comics.

Stumbled on the Mindy Project last nite. I like Mindy Kaling and was going to watch it, but never got the chance. I liked it. Really weak premise, but it's a decent ensemble cast. I love the subtle racism that no matter how flighty and distracted the main character is, as an Indian she's a doctor of course.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/28/12 11:29 PM

i dont know how many dicks she sucked to get her own show but i cant stand her.they should give a show to the bitch that plays shiva on the league instead or emmanuelle chiriqui.

millenium was a great show.same guy that did the x files brought us that show.i remember it started back when i was in 8th grade.kind of a fucked up show for a middle schooler to be watching,but not really.it had two crossovers with the x files.one being jose chung(from the lord kimboat jose chungs strange tales ep) appearing on millenium and the x files episode called millenium which wrapped up the show.that ep had frank black work with mulder and scully iirc(if it was early enough before they started focusing too much on reyes and dogget).

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/29/12 08:42 AM

Remember Brimstone ? Loved it and cancelled before it had a chance.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/29/12 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By: fartz
I knew you'd be on board, Barry. ALF was a love it or hate it thing.

I was a kid too, but even then I though puppets belonged on Sesame Street and took no interest in ALF. I've never watched an episode.

I heard "Good night, John Boy" too many times as a kid with my family watching the Waltons and I think that poisoned me and kept me from watching Little House. Can't stand it. Doesn't mean they aren't good shows. Just means they aren't to my taste. Pretty sure the plot of "Pale Rider" was dealt with in an episode of Little House, but just as certain I didn't watch it.

Jim Henson was and still is a huge inspiration in my life. Fuck you and your puppet hate.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/29/12 07:29 PM

Henson was a motherfucking genius.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/30/12 06:57 AM

Comparing Henson to Alf though is like comparing Anthony Bourdain to Panzer.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/30/12 12:14 PM

Anthony Bourdain isn't that bad.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/31/12 07:05 AM

That is kind of my point. Bourdain=Henson Panzer=ALF

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/31/12 05:03 PM

Heartland and Magic City are apparently worth watching. Anyone peeped them yet?

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/31/12 06:44 PM

My girl got a Kindle Fire and I got a Polaroid knockoff tablet. She's beginning to see that there's life after cable. We're seriously looking at dumping it except basic. I still need my impulse watching.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 12/31/12 06:56 PM

That's what Netflix is for. You borrow a friend's HBO login and you're set for their shows.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/01/13 01:47 PM

I mean flipping through the menu and seeing there's some oddball fishing show or some shit.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/04/13 04:58 PM

Tickle from Moonshiners needs his own show.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/05/13 08:40 AM

Please explain that show to me. Does the network huddle up with the feds in one room and moonshiners in another, then run out and act like their on to each other?

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/05/13 12:55 PM

Sort of. The cops they follow are usually in a different state than the perps, but it's edited to make it seem like they're on top of each other. I don't think they're following feds, tho. Just county deputies and state alcohol bureaus.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/05/13 02:06 PM

have you guys seen parts of the not watchable amish mafia?the premise is stupid even if its real,and its like they think theyre getting over on the audience by not admitting its completely staged.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/05/13 03:18 PM

I saw the first 2. It's a total work. The dude operates out of a barn, for fuck's sake. Is it these clowns getting over on NatGeo, or does NatGeo think they're getting over on us?

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/05/13 04:17 PM

both^

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/05/13 10:29 PM

It's the barn in the office. It's just too contrived. Fucking English.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/14/13 03:55 PM

have you guys seen parts of the not watchable amish mafia?the premise is stupid even if its real,and its like they think theyre getting over on the audience by not admitting its completely staged.

I saw the first 2. It's a total work. The dude operates out of a barn, for fuck's sake. Is it these clowns getting over on NatGeo, or does NatGeo think they're getting over on us?

i watched a bit of that show the other day and yeah it's a work. so is the moonshiners show. one guy is the fire chief for fuxsake.
the mennonite(jolin?) on the amish show is a bad motherfucker. the other three i'm pretty sure i could beat to death in under 2 minutes.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/14/13 05:17 PM

Justified is back and Arlo is already killin' fools!

it's a work. so is the moonshiners show. one guy is the fire chief for fuxsake.

I saw that last night too, what the fuck, is law enforcement there really so slackjawed that the fire chief can pull that off?

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/14/13 05:50 PM

Moonshiner Bill (of underground still infamy) is a friend of mine.

Their hero Barney Barnwell did make 'shine. Bill has made 'shine, but that beautiful stainless steel still they had this season is no longer anywhere to be found, and he is not making 'shine since the show debuted. Not sure what he plans next.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/14/13 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: John Floofin
Justified is back and Arlo is already killin' fools!

The preview clips of future episodes at the end of the season 4 opener look like it's gonna be a good'un.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/14/13 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: smutspov

The preview clips of future episodes at the end of the season 4 opener look like it's gonna be a good'un.

Hells yes!

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/15/13 03:08 PM

Moonshiner Bill (of underground still infamy) is a friend of mine.

Their hero Barney Barnwell did make 'shine. Bill has made 'shine, but that beautiful stainless steel still they had this season is no longer anywhere to be found, and he is not making 'shine since the show debuted. Not sure what he plans next.

Tell him I said "hey". I just honestly don't get the underground thing, tho.

I think the show is a work in that what is being filmed is probably just dry run...a simulation. A camera crew and lights and shit that go with it doesn't a secret make.

I think that's really the out for everyone. If they're asked, they wink and nod and say "oh, it's just tv". The fire department guy is a volunteer, and you just don't know when you're operating in a small town like that. Maybe everyone knows, has known and no one gives a shit.

What's not a work is that it's another situation where the gov has one hand out for their vig and their other hand holding the gun that enforces their fund raising efforts, all the while being nothing other than a roadblock.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/15/13 07:57 PM

You and I dont disagree. I never said the show isnt a work. Bill is dealing with some unintended consequences right now.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/16/13 11:45 AM

No, we don't. I sort of wandered into lou saying it was fake.

I'd imagine if you're on tv doing illegal stuff, fake or not, there will be consequences. It just sounds like trouble.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/16/13 01:28 PM

to be completely honest bornyo and i had the real or not convo months ago and i had the same dry run theory as you barry. B confirmed it.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/16/13 01:39 PM

Real is a weird fine line. To me, it's a more informative show than something like the Lizard Towing type shows...which claims to be re- enactments of actual events. Um, yeah. For me, Moonshiners is a look at a culture that those of us 3000 miles away would never get. Throw in the history aspect and the oppressive hands out government angle, I'm hooked. The "characters" don't hurt.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/16/13 04:31 PM

i wonder how long the adventures of jebidiah,thadieus,and ishmael will last.the fact that two of them have trucks yet one of them rides a fucking push propelled scooter really makes me think even if its real theyre about as powerful as some teen kids making fart and dick jokes in their parents garage.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/17/13 11:44 AM

As long as the checks keep coming.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/17/13 03:04 PM

Hell guys the law around here knows where to buy their moonshine. Also where to play cards and hit the one armed bandits in back rooms for their gambling fetish.

"For me, Moonshiners is a look at a culture that those of us 3000 miles away would never get." Barry said it exactly correct. Kudos Barry.

By the way, don't none of you fags head this way when I mention cockfights either !

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/17/13 03:33 PM

That just sounds gay. According to Shameless, gay guys love to wrestle.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/17/13 03:43 PM

Well they do have peckers .....I suppose.
Seriously ,cockfighting is some serious redneck shit.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/17/13 03:47 PM

i thought it was a mexican thing?.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/17/13 03:49 PM

"hit the one armed bandits in back rooms"

thats an amusing expression that could be used to describe pounding off.what does it mean?

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/17/13 04:56 PM

One armed bandit !

I know an old dude just got back from the Phillipines. Said he went for the cock fights. It is big over there but I suspect a pedophile bucket list fulfillment in all honesty.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/17/13 05:25 PM

Please clarify that I am not that old dude. I never been to the Philippines.

Cockfighting is still pretty big here but moreso in Georgia. It is naturally bigger in Latin America because it is not illegal there.

I wouldn't participate in it, but I do not understand the outrage over the sport. Chickens and fighting chickens in particular are about the stupidest animals to walk this planet. We eat cruelly raised chickens by the millions and feel healthier for it yet the same people who get outraged over a relative handful of chickens fighting to the death which is their natural bent have no problem with eating eggs or supporting abortion.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/17/13 05:30 PM

Ahhhh hypocrisy ...rooster is thy name !

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/17/13 09:03 PM

Will Farrell makes gay guy wrestling jokes too. It's in The Ladies Man and maybe some others too.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/18/13 01:48 AM

I usually don't cuz I'm a wrestling fan. No matter how gay it looks, it's not.

Almost got dragged to a cockfight by a Mexican friend. I honestly had no interest. I'm good with my hypocrisy on food/ animal fighting. I have no illusions of where my food comes from. But the idea of animals fighting for human sport just crosses my line. On the other hand, having toddlers fight to submission would be something I'd watch on basic cable. At least the first episode. Or two.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/18/13 06:07 AM

Originally Posted By: backdoorman
Well they do have peckers .....I suppose.
Seriously ,cockfighting is some serious redneck shit.

Roy Jones Jr. is a redneck now? Has anyone informed Tritone of this.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/18/13 08:55 AM

Redneck actually knows no color limits at least in behaviors ! Same thing goes for "nagger"

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/18/13 08:56 AM

My God, why can't we use the word N.....I....G....G....E....R on here. Even in quotes ??? Shit !

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/18/13 08:57 AM

What the fuck makes that word or anyone acting like one so fucking special ? Get a fucking clue.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/19/13 11:10 AM

Please clarify that I am not that old dude. I never been to the Philippines.

Cockfighting is still pretty big here but moreso in Georgia. It is naturally bigger in Latin America because it is not illegal there.

I wouldn't participate in it, but I do not understand the outrage over the sport. Chickens and fighting chickens in particular are about the stupidest animals to walk this planet. We eat cruelly raised chickens by the millions and feel healthier for it yet the same people who get outraged over a relative handful of chickens fighting to the death which is their natural bent have no problem with eating eggs or supporting abortion.

Not necessarily. The people that take time to bitch about cockfighting are cut from the same ilk as those that bitch about the living conditions at commercial chicken farms. I believe it's more about taking the effort to bitch about something that has no bearing on your well-being than it does with actual passion towards the subject matter.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 01/19/13 07:26 PM

Kinda sorta agree with ya there fartz.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 02/10/13 07:25 PM

not dropping any spoilers here but the mid-season premiere of gilligans island zombie edition(walking dead) is pretty fucken weak. the gov is still a victim and the rest is just drama.
Click to reveal..
rick has officially slipped the leash reality wise so big ups to shonuff...fucker called that months ago.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 02/10/13 08:15 PM

...and Rick's losing his shit !

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 02/11/13 02:28 PM

Rick has lost his shit. He wants desperately to just shut down, but he has too many responsibilities.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 02/11/13 06:04 PM

rick smoked a bitch early in that episode didn't he?. that's bad karma at best and for a dude struggling to deal with the death of his whore wife it's catastrophic.

and everyone freaking out on the governor for braining the soon to be walker that got eaten alive was a bit out of place. that's a lesson learned on day one of the zombie apocalypse...not this far in. that episode sucked.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 02/12/13 07:05 PM

Apparently the people of the town have been insulated and lied to a great deal by the guv. They don't seem to know much about what causes zombies or the change. Sort of like the people on the farm. The guv and the would be scientist have that knowledge but not the rest of the town I would think. The townspeople would be great Obama supporters.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 02/12/13 07:31 PM

bdm... they have zombies as corner men in their cage matches. they all know the deal. and these people weren't spawned in that compound. they all came from somewhere and shared info about their individual experiences just like the other group did. surely that couldn't be the first time one of the "townspeople" fell prey to a walker.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 02/12/13 10:53 PM

i havent seen any of this show since the first season(need to catch up on netflix).whats the original cause of the zombie outbreak?

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 02/13/13 01:24 PM

@frankie Still unknown. I'm thinking Jews.

I agree everyone has come to the town with their own experiences, but some people would have a higher knowledge of the origins. I'm leaning toward the guv and the scientist guy coming to the town with a bit more knowledge. That said, I can just as easily see the guv and the scientist having come from the prison...either as inmates or as management types.

Really enjoying Shameless this season. Nice to see some of Jimmy's veneer start to crack. There should be a Fake Cancer Summer Camp for souls.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 02/13/13 02:19 PM

it could very well be jews.which reminds me i finally got around to watching get the gringo(mel gibson being the gringo) the other week on netflix.great movie.classic mel all the way.let the poor guy act again already.fucking guy goes off about jews and needing to get fucked by his kids mom and people wont let him live past it.slap em with a dick and let god sort them out.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 02/13/13 08:28 PM

i havent seen any of this show since the first season(need to catch up on netflix).whats the original cause of the zombie outbreak?

interracial titfucking.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 02/13/13 08:52 PM

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 02/13/13 11:22 PM

lmfao at the two previous posts.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 02/28/13 07:00 PM

1600 Penn. I try to ignore network sitcoms, but I'm a mark for the Presidency. I knew it would be terrible, but I've gotten through 2 eps. It's terrible, until you peel away the layers. It's very much a 70's sitcom parody. That's My Bush with a little tighter Standards and Practices. Very unbelievable storylines, wacky neighbors are replaced with staffers, parents are clueless yet loving, the kids are very diverse (I think one might be Mexican) and say shit kids don't say. Not appointment tv, but not bad.

Devils Ride. Hilarious shit. They work so hard at being "real". They really do. But they just aren't. You can't fake this kind of bad acting. The Snookie of the outfit from last season isn't on this one. He has a little pedo problem. So it's just a trainwreck of bad.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 03/10/13 07:11 PM

jesus fuck-faced christ...

gilligans island - zombie apocalypse version(the walking dead) was good tonight.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 04/12/13 09:08 AM

So Justified season 4 is over, found this article to be interesting.
Quote:

Here, the boss behind the FX hit, Graham Yost, weighs in on Ava’s tragic twist and how it will impact Boyd in Season 5. The showrunner also previews the (potential) arrival of Raylan’s baby, the lawman’s impending career boost, Wynn Duffy’s return, the Ellen May of it all and much more.

link

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 04/12/13 01:19 PM

justified sucks shit.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 04/12/13 04:53 PM

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 04/12/13 05:41 PM

"You expect that show to be more appealing to Frankie than mine?"

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 04/12/13 06:08 PM

The Following and Bates Motel. Watch them, people and less than people. It's got my seal of approval.

2 hours of Mad Men and I don't have the foggiest. Do they still run an ad agency? If I had his ex and that bucktoothed Frenchwoman do deal with, I'd be stringing myself up in that limey fucker's office. Fucking Pete. Who doesn't want to punch him straight in the mouth? "Well, officer, I punched him playfully in the shoulder. Then I did it again. Then things got blurry".

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 04/12/13 08:51 PM

i gave up on mad men...

and i told myself i was going to watch the following but in an ironic twist guess what?. yup

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 04/13/13 12:06 AM

i dont know how the following got picked up for a second season.they shouldve kept the chicago code but it only made it a season.

Posted by: Uncle Joe

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 04/19/13 02:55 PM

Hannibal is pretty good; I am watching 3rd episode of it. Too bad that I can't download the remaining 10 yet.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 04/21/13 08:02 PM

game of throats was good tonight... anyone else watching?.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 04/21/13 08:41 PM

Yep it kicked ass !

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 04/21/13 08:56 PM

So it must be shit eventually.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 04/21/13 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: PulpeD
So it must be shit eventually.

Plotting or lack there of is what kills all television. Since Game of Homos is pretty much sticking with the plotting of a seasoned story teller in RR Martin they probability of it turning to shit is quite low. He hasn't written the final books and he may fuck those up or he could die before he finishes therefore it still could turn to shit.

Plotting is what made the Wire so good and makes Breaking bad what it's been thus far.

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 04/22/13 01:54 AM

Maybe.

Network television always has to edit in idiotic sound and story cues before a commercial break and never really flows well.
That it's plagued by the people who had a success in Lost and then branched out is good for those who liked Lost as a whole. They deserve it.

Pay-TV doesn't have those breaks and still becomes increasingly boring each season. New, fancy concepts won't attract viewers forever and some of the stuff's just the exact same shit as elsewhere, just on expensive 'roids.

The Wire, for example, wasn't interesting to me the first time I watched a bit of the pilot; then, a second time, it was one of the better shows out there for me.

Breaking Bad's nice and all, but I remember a season where they basically never got anywhere, but did so in style. Maybe in the second or third season, where they want to cook and never really get to at first. Quite draggy and everywhere else it'd probably be utter shit while it worked out okay with the rather elegant narrative and at times sparse dialogue.

Star Trek's pretty shitty, too, but well...

Re: Walking Dead (and other good TV) Thread - 07/19/13 08:36 PM