NASCAR-Talladega

Posted by: Bornyo

NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 02:26 PM

What a clusterfuck that was. Even if you don't like NASCAR, it's worth watching Tony Steward's last lap ride. Fucker turned over what seemed like twice. I'll even post a youtube of it, once it gets posted.
Posted by: Jigaloo

Re: NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 04:06 PM

Did anyone crash and die?

Re: NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 04:40 PM

20 guys crashed, no one died.

Long video. Shorter ones will be posted I'm sure.

Re: NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 04:41 PM

lame

Re: NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 04:48 PM

Sez you... Hard to believe you hate the blacks AND NASCAR. That was far from lame.
Posted by: faceblaster

Re: NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 05:12 PM

Ban the whole "sport". Waste of gas and pointless endeavor.
Posted by: Mr. Meat

Re: NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 05:13 PM

I think they should have an Apache attack helicopter shoot the stragglers. It would make it more interesting.
Posted by: LouCypher

Re: NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 05:19 PM

it was pretty cool that tony took the blame for throwing that block. he didn't actually say he threw a block but it was obvious that he did. regardless...you could see that wreck coming 2 minutes before it happened and if it wasn't tony then it would have been someone else five seconds later. that's the nature of the sport on those types of tracks.

Re: NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 05:28 PM

I thought it was funny he threw his ass in the air up in front of Michael Waltrip of all people. Of all the drivers in NASCAR, and he gets "caught from behind" by Waltrip.

Love it or hate it, as you wish, but it's an impressive Sport when you get close enough to feel and smell it. The pioneers of the genre made no bones about what they were doing- simply proving whose dick was bigger.
Posted by: Barry the Pirate

Re: NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 05:34 PM

I don't imagine it has a very small carbon footprint. Maybe if they made hybrid stock cars that have to be recharged for 8 hours every 12 laps.

Re: NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Bornyo
I thought it was funny he threw his ass in the air up in front of Michael Waltrip of all people. Of all the drivers in NASCAR, and he gets "caught from behind" by Waltrip.

Love it or hate it, as you wish, but it's an impressive Sport when you get close enough to feel and smell it. The pioneers of the genre made no bones about what they were doing- simply proving whose dick was bigger.

are you suggesting Buffy was a beard?. lol
I had Mikey as the forrest gump of nascar.

Re: NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 05:51 PM

haha. Yeah right. Motorsports are motorsports. They're a sport in your eyes or they aren't, but there isn't a difference between F1 and NASCAR or the local dirt track or MX course. It's a mix of mechanical chicanery and strategy and skill.

But if you ever sat in the first turn at Darlington and heard and felt 40,000 HP rumble through on the first warm up lap then caught a whiff of that "Sunoco Racing Fuel" on the second, you'd admit it's strong medicine.

When I hear an 850HP un-muffled V-8 go past me so fast it just whirs like a sewing machine, I have some admiration. A lot went into that, fuck the carbon footprint.

Re: NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 06:38 PM

- Earnhardt was the last driver to leave a decent carbon footprint.

just throwing that out there before anyone else does.

Re: NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 06:39 PM

Not just his foot.
Posted by: Barry the Pirate

Re: NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 06:42 PM

I was very into NASCAR as a kid. Richard Petty and all.
Posted by: the unknown pervert

Re: NASCAR-Talladega - 10/07/12 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Bornyo
haha. Yeah right. Motorsports are motorsports. They're a sport in your eyes or they aren't, but there isn't a difference between F1 and NASCAR or the local dirt track or MX course. It's a mix of mechanical chicanery and strategy and skill.

And in the case of NASCAR and F1 political backstabbing. There is a slight difference between the two though. The big crashes in NASCAR happen at the end of the race. The big crashes in F1 happen at the start of the race.