Batman Shootings

Posted by: Barry the Pirate

Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 12:12 PM

What the fuck is wrong with people? Luckily pols everywhere are racing to microphones to make hay of this. Fuck.
Posted by: LouCypher

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 01:36 PM

Fred Willard ain't hatin it today.

this should also put the "Theres no such thing as bad publicity" theory to the test at the box office this weekend.
Posted by: gia jordan

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 03:46 PM

I've been calling the shooter John Wilkes Ticket Booth all day.
Posted by: Jigaloo

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 04:12 PM

I want to let you all know that I am ok.
Posted by: have2cit

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 04:26 PM

People need to beat their children more, it helps build empathy, at a young age, with others who feel pain.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: gia jordan
I've been calling the shooter John Wilkes Ticket Booth all day.

soo good. right up there with your game of throats drop. solid laugh G, thanks.

and this shooting is the price of doing business in a free society. unfortunately there is evil out there and it will always get its time to shine.
Posted by: Vice Admiral

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 04:43 PM

I love how every time there is an outburst of violence, our lying media are quick to pin the blame on the Tea Party. Short of Mormon missionaries, you couldn't ask for a milder crew than the Tea Party, and the media tries to dress them up as a marauding mob. It's really sick.
Posted by: frankie fatale

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: have2cit
People need to beat their children more, it helps build empathy, at a young age, with others who feel pain.
this is why theres so many punks in the inland empire.its no wonder hardly anybody out here is actually tough or has made it in life.i can think of travis barker and um some random moto guys that are never seen in their hometowns where they still live.i dont blame them for not wanting to hang out with the "twills"that are their fans.

thats another thing youre not in hs anymore no teacher is over your should and is gonna give you detention for actually calling someone a fag.fags.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Rear Admiral
I love how every time there is an outburst of violence, our lying media are quick to pin the blame on the Tea Party. Short of Mormon missionaries, you couldn't ask for a milder crew than the Tea Party, and the media tries to dress them up as a marauding mob. It's really sick.

The thought of my Tea Partying octogenarian grandmother walking up a movie theater aisle plugging moviegoers does provoke some humor in my mind.

While one side of the political spectrum has such a tight control over most of the media outlets there will always be zealots among them who will use their position of power to fight for their cause. Monopolies suck.
Posted by: Mr. Meat

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 05:41 PM

This insane fuck was a PhD candidate in neuroscience? What the fuck was he hoping to be...Dr. Mengele? Todesengel.

Probably had suppressed homosexual urges to have necrosex with Heath Ledger.
Posted by: tattypatty

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 06:12 PM

What i learnt from teh faisbook today : Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns America Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns REPUBLICANS Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns 'the media' Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns etc....

nary a mention of mental illness or society's attitude toward the mentally ill. the guy was fucking deeply disturbed. and somebody close to him knew it.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 06:53 PM

Fuck liberals and their anti-gun bullshit. If two or three of the moviegoers were packing heat and had the inclination to engage it would've been a different story. Maybe 5 dead instead of 12.

We have the right to bear arms and yet 98% of its citizens know dick abt gun ownership. Fuck you. You're sheep and deserve to be massacred. Get some balls.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 07:46 PM

oh shit. I went off.
Posted by: Jerkules

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 07:54 PM

It is all good. The internet is the safest place to fly off the handle.
Posted by: Bornyo

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 08:12 PM

Hard to say what the fallout of this will be, but it's easy to predict the spin the media will try to put on it...

Like Jerk said...guns guns guns and little to say about the sick fuck who used them. Jerk I think you ought to pare your friendlist a little.
Posted by: Tritone

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 08:42 PM

The majority of Tea Party members are white racists.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 08:44 PM

You're safe on this one Tritone. Blacks are rarely deep enough thinkers to catch the serious crazy- DC sniper excluded.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Bornyo
You're safe on this one Tritone. Blacks are rarely deep enough thinkers to catch the serious crazy- DC sniper excluded.

An insult buried in a compliment.

P.S. - I was actually surprised the D.C. Sniper team turned out to be brothers. I mean I was just certain -- "white guy!".

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 08:56 PM

Liberals are pedophiles.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 08:58 PM

And you should be allowed to say that, T. Spree killers like that are usually honkies. We've had shootings two days in a row here (thankfully nobody got killed) and the Toronto shootings. I should be allowed to say 'minorities' without people freaking out.
Posted by: drained

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 09:05 PM

If people on the right would not always get confused about their upbringing, the net would be no fun.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 09:13 PM

I don't really identify with the Right. But right now I'm fuming how these Liberal cunts beat the drums for gun control.

Maybe if the citizens of France had the right to bear arms in 1940, Hitler wouldn't have shit all over them like a two dollar whore.

How about profiling motherfuckers who are nuts and lock them up.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: PipeD
If people on the right would not always get confused about their upbringing, the net would be no fun.

Even more cryptic than usual...unintelligibly so.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: amberraynefan

An insult buried in a compliment.

P.S. - I was actually surprised the D.C. Sniper team turned out to be brothers. I mean I was just certain -- "white guy!".

I was sure the DC Sniper was a white guy, too. You blacks are not without your serial criminals by any means but you are light in the whack-job capital criminal department. You had a serial killer in the Atlanta area a few years back plus the DC guys who were actually respectable shots.

This of course does not address the genocide going on in Detroit and West Africa but I digress. Blacks killing each other off by the scores doesn't qualify for crazy, apparently.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 09:39 PM

Hard to say what the fallout of this will be, but it's easy to predict the spin the media will try to put on it...

Like Jerk said...guns guns guns and little to say about the sick fuck who used them. Jerk I think you ought to pare your friendlist a little.

That was Tatty, but I agree with the sentiments.

If the guy didn't have access to guns, and he started tossing Molotov cocktails around, would they start a Gasoline Control campaign? If he drove a Sentra through a crowd, would Nissan be sued?

These anti gun nuts are nothing but fear mongers. If guns were eradicated, these people wouldn't go away and lose the revenue creating machine they created, they'd just come up with a new product for everyone to fear.

And to see a headline that Bloomberg is calling for more gun control makes me sick. That elitist fuck wants the only people in his fiefdom of NYC to be cops and his personal security force. Even totally legal gun owners there get jerked around constantly to try and get them to lose the right. Paperwork for your permit renewal gets "held up in the mail" then after the lapse, they show up at your door to search. I hope Bloomberg gets AIDS from whatever rent boy he's fucking.

Lou hit the nail on the head, there is no defense for a lone wack job, we just have to accept that.
Posted by: nassim

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 09:46 PM

Nope. Wrong, wrong, wrong:) Serial killers tend to test out lower than average. The guy wielding the hatchet is most likely a mouth breather, not Sir Anthony Hopkins.

And there are quite a few black serial killers. Apparently Justin Cottrell has a book, "Rise of the Black Serial Killer" that debunks a lot of myths about black serial killers.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 09:46 PM

That reads strangely realistic, Jerky. Explosive topic, nassim.
Posted by: Vice Admiral

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 09:47 PM

Quote:
The majority of Tea Party members are white racists.

That's not true, Tritone. That's what's been told to you by the same people who reported that James Holmes was a Tea Partier. If they're wrong about that, why wouldn't you be suspicious about the premise that Tea Partiers are racist?

Yes, the Tea Party is almost 80% white, but so is America. White equates to racist as much as black equates to criminal.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 09:51 PM

Why do so many white dudes wanna see white whores getting railed by black cock?

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: LouCypher
this should also put the "Theres no such thing as bad publicity" theory to the test at the box office this weekend.

I like Batman, I like Walking Dead, but when real tragedy strikes close to home or something like this happens, it really drives home how silly some of these movies and television shows are.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: nassim

And there are quite a few black serial killers.

Apparently Justin Cottrell has a book, "Rise of the Black Serial Killer" that explodes a lot of myths about black serial killers.

Gotcha- apparently the number of serial killers follows population percentage lines, hence less black serial killers.

Who is in the lead on modern-day genocide?

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 09:58 PM

Explosive topic, nassim.

Yeah, to be honest, my wheelhouse is fraud. The myth of the criminal genius has become a pet peeve of mine. If you read Frank Abagnale's autobiography really carefully, you'll realize that he could have gotten a pilots license in less time than it took him to learn how to impersonate an airline pilot. Most criminal hackers are con-artists with slightly above average coding skills, not Lex Luthor. Serial killers, same thing.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/20/12 10:10 PM

All well and good, nassim. It was an allusion to what looks like a spelling error in one of your posts here.
Posted by: the unknown pervert

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 06:11 AM

Originally Posted By: nassim
Explosive topic, nassim.

Yeah, to be honest, my wheelhouse is fraud. The myth of the criminal genius has become a pet peeve of mine. If you read Frank Abagnale's autobiography really carefully, you'll realize that he could have gotten a pilots license in less time than it took him to learn how to impersonate an airline pilot. Most criminal hackers are con-artists with slightly above average coding skills, not Lex Luthor. Serial killers, same thing.

The counter argument to this would be that the really smart ones aren't getting caught and the really, really smart ones haven't rang the serial killer bell at their local police department or FBI offices.
Posted by: fartz

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 06:57 AM

I just wish all of these "angry at teh' government, and crazy enough to do something about it" guys would take their act to capital hill. I guarantee you if 12 congressmen died and 50 were wounded, the economy would turn around in a matter of weeks.
Posted by: charin

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 08:15 AM

It's folks like Bornyo's fault for supporting the repeal of the assault rifle ban in 2004.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 09:20 AM

Folks like me had dick to do with that stupid law. The ban was self-expiring, and it died a natural death.
Posted by: Spunko

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By: charin
It's folks like Bornyo's fault for supporting the repeal of the assault rifle ban in 2004.

McVeigh killed more people than this guy and Jared Loughner combined...times ten.

Didn't use a gun now did he?

This guy Holmes was methodical. He planned this for a while,including booby traps at his apartment.

Somewhere along the line he decided that people needed to die and that he was the guy for the job. Lack of guns wouldn't have stopped anything.

Might've been a bigger body count if he'd gone the fertilizer bomb route.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 10:02 AM

Charin's not really that stupid, Spunko, he's just flinging shit against the wall for arguments sake.
Posted by: Jim Rockford

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 11:15 AM

Just a few observations...though some have already been touched on:

1. The root problem isn't guns or gun control...it really is the state of our mental health system in this country & the stigma attached to it. Reagan really fucked up the system that was in place & it never recovered really. Too many people fall through the cracks, & only after something like this happens does everyone who knew the perp come out and say that so-and-so was a weirdo or a freak. People like that need to be addressed & get treatment BEFORE they do something like that. We need to be more proactive & address the root cause...instead of always being reactive. I know it's easier said than done...but it is what it is.

2. It's not a Batman thing either. It would logically seem that he simply targeted that movie because he knew it would be a packed theater as it was the premier...thus he'd have more targets.

3. It's important to remember that we are talking about a DARK movie theater that was filled with SMOKE at the time. The perp was prepared, and he had the right equipment to overcome the environment. He was wearing "a black ballistic or bullet-resistant helmet, a ballistic tactical vest with pockets, ballistic leggings, throat and groin protectors, a gas mask and ballistic tactical gloves." So, given the totality of the circumstances, I don't see how people in the theater packing heat would have helped things. On the contrary, I believe anyone who would have returned fire would have only made matters worse due to the fact that there was little/no visibility and the theater was packed and things were rather crazy at the time. If anything, more innocent people would likely have ended up getting shot in the process.

4. Finally, on the gun control issue...I don't support full bans, but I do believe some happy medium needs to be found. Unfortunately groups like the NRA and their supporters will never go for it, and nuts like this guy will again be able to amass an arsenal with the simplest of ease. I mean, what individual legitimately needs to buy at least 4 different guns (2 hand, 1 shotgun, and a Smith & Wesson AR-15) AND nearly 6000 round of ammo, in a 60 day period of time? It was similar to what happened in the Virginia Tech shooting...the shooter started amassing a stockpile right before the shooting.

I don't know about anyone else, but unless you are a dealer, I would have to say that amassing an arsenal in such a brief period of time should raise a red flag that the person has "something" planned. Anyway, I believe reasonable limits should be put in place...but sadly that is subjective, and it would be hard to reach a consensus anyway. Furthermore, there are always ways around things. Though in this case, and the VA Tech shooting, the perps bought their weapons from dealers, and passed the background checks...there is no background checks requirement for private sales and private sales at gun shows usually.

So, long story short, no amount of gun control legislation will stop a nut who is Hell bent and determined to pull something. Truly disturbed people always seem to find a way. Hell this guy even dabbled in explosives too. That's why, though guns sure as Hell make it easier...they are not the root cause of the problem. The root cause of the problem is the individual nuts who do things like this, the state of our mental health system, and the number of people who are seemingly are on people's radar, but never get the help they so clearly need UNTIL AFTER they pull something...if even then.

Knee jerk reactions are not the answer. We don't need to turn our movie theaters into fortresses now. We need to turn our attentions to the individuals who are likely to pull things like this, and address them and their "issues" BEFORE they act in such a horrific and heinous manner. We need to make help readily available, & work toward removing the negative stigma that is attached to mental health and seeking treatment. Sadly, in a society where our prisons are used as the modern mental hospitals (except minus the actual treatment...Hell, they can't even make you take your meds), I don't see things getting any better...on the contrary, I only see them getting worse.

Legislation & more security aren't the answers...individual treatment is. Unfortunately, I'm sure we are likely to see more of the prior and little, or none, of the the latter. Hey, that's how we roll...break out a box of band-aids to deal with things instead of actually addressing the REAL problem.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 11:18 AM

Now it's actually a beautiful day here in Kentucky for a change...so I'm actually going to go out and enjoy life.

Living in fear isn't the answer either...though I am still getting over the culture shock. There are more crazy people here than I expected...BUT, they are seemingly all white! Ha ha ha!

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 11:38 AM

Will you be going to enjoy yourself in the bushes at Nikki Nova's home?

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 11:45 AM

laugh

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 11:48 AM

Re:banning assault rifles & the NRA not being reasonable. Given what the feds have done with the commerece clause, it isn't unreasonable to think spudguns would get redefined as assault rifles with the right "precedent" in place.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 12:46 PM

We have a right to bear arms, period. It's not the governments nor your right to pass judgement on "why" I want them or what I may or may not be planning, how or what kind I buy or how quickly I buy them. Lets say I bought a lottery ticket for the first time and won. I'd buy a LOT of firearms, as well as other things. Would not mean I was planning some sick shit like this. Sick people do sick things and they find a way to make them happen.

As to this somehow being Reagan's fault...for shame. I've read posters here suggest the true solution to other posters here. To wit: "Your parents should have taken you on a picnic as a child and beat your skull in with a rock to prevent your drain on society". Now that would fix it. If the parents cared.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 01:16 PM

Just read the dude took 100mg of vicodin prior to this act. Ban Vicodin and all other related painkillers! Might as well get aspirin while we're at it.

He was a brilliant college student too. Lock up all the smart people!

Makes as much sense.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 01:39 PM

@cocksucker: It's news because innocents getting popped is only considered the price of doing business amongst you people. Are the black folk in the Tea Party movement racists too? Or are they not "black enough" for you?

I was surfing all the news channels today and Krauthammer was the only one I saw talking about mental illness and how we treat the mentally ill. It's a little early, tho, but it sounds like this kid maintained the normal mask pretty well. The shooter in Arizona was a time bomb that everyone around him knew would go off. From the sounds of things, this guy never caused anyone trouble. Which leads us back to what Lou said. We live in a free society, and sometimes evil raises it's ugly head from out of nowhere.

Shitty day all around. We're going to see the movie tomorrow.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 02:44 PM

Was Tony Batman shot? The title of this thread is misleading.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 04:08 PM

No I think he shot a bunch of people... that's how I took it.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Barry the Pirate
@cocksucker: It's news because innocents getting popped is only considered the price of doing business amongst you people. Are the black folk in the Tea Party movement racists too? Or are they not "black enough" for you?

I was surfing all the news channels today and Krauthammer was the only one I saw talking about mental illness and how we treat the mentally ill. It's a little early, tho, but it sounds like this kid maintained the normal mask pretty well. The shooter in Arizona was a time bomb that everyone around him knew would go off. From the sounds of things, this guy never caused anyone trouble. Which leads us back to what Lou said. We live in a free society, and sometimes evil raises it's ugly head from out of nowhere.

Shitty day all around. We're going to see the movie tomorrow.

I'll bet money they start digging up a paper trail on this kid.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 04:26 PM

No I think he shot a bunch of people... that's how I took it.

I was worried. If we lost a gem like Tony Batman then it's proof nobody is safe in this crazy world.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 04:39 PM

He'll end up in Florence with Kzinskey (jondra) and Rudolf on Bomber's Row.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 04:43 PM

Rocky reads like Old Man River. The more realistic approach to assess this could be to look at the amount of mental health professionals, thus, basically, doctors, with a lot of time in their schedules for each and every potential patient, thus, considering the state of lala in the psycho biz, everyone, and check reasonable availability. The option Rocky wants either is completely naive beyond anything relevant or he wants continued, enforced field testing of chemical compounds which went through FDA approval. They are a very trustworthy bunch indeed. Whatever the fuck.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 04:47 PM

In the 50's they'd lobotomize these fuckers. End of story.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 05:07 PM

Rocky reads like Old Man River. The more realistic approach to assess this could be to look at the amount of mental health professionals, thus, basically, doctors, with a lot of time in their schedules for each and every potential patient, thus, considering the state of lala in the psycho biz, everyone, and check reasonable availability. The option Rocky wants either is completely naive beyond anything relevant or he wants continued, enforced field testing of chemical compounds which went through FDA approval. They are a very trustworthy bunch indeed. Whatever the fuck.

Who is rocky pipe? That seems to be key to understanding your post.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 05:10 PM

Rocky = Jim Rockford

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 05:14 PM

Thanks Chuck. I've become more literal with age and no longer go on interpretive witch hunts.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 07:34 PM

Guy should have held off until the first black guy started talking to the screen, then just shot him and left.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 07:38 PM

I was curious too.

The fact is that these things are not the normal way things are. That's why they're news. The truth is, in a free society, or even a not so free society, the government can't keep an eye on everyone. Nor can the medical system. People are simply going to slip through whatever kind of screening might be given.

It's going to happen, hopefully not often. You just can't stop everything.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 07:39 PM

That's more like it jerky.... This thread was taking a CNN/foxnews turn. way to keep it xpt brotha.

well said Barry....that's the simple truth of it all.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Jerkules
Guy should have held off until the first black guy started talking to the screen, then just shot him and left.

Seeing as it was Colorado and the NBA and NFL are in the off season there wouldn't have been one.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 07:53 PM

I was curious too.

The fact is that these things are not the normal way things are. That's why they're news. The truth is, in a free society, or even a not so free society, the government can't keep an eye on everyone. Nor can the medical system. People are simply going to slip through whatever kind of screening might be given.

Wait, whoa... back up a sec. The medical system has now let 4 insane motherfuckers go on shooting rampages. Seung-Hui Cho, Jared Lee Loughner, James Holmes, and Nidal Malik Hasan in the past several years. That goes just a tad beyond 'a few falling through the cracks.' That's just the mental health system being completely moribund and useless.

All those motherfuckers had a paper trail and medical histories. I'll bet Jerkules' dirty whore that Holmes has a paper trail too.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 08:02 PM

land of the free, nga. they can sign themselves out if they know what to say and it takes some deep dark shit to get locked away.

face it...big brother just isn't ever going to be there to save you and if they were they'd be stepping all over your constitutional right to be American. you can't have it both ways.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Jigaloo

Seeing as it was Colorado and the NBA and NFL are in the off season there wouldn't have been one.

Bullshit. They got some brazen gangs there. They shot and killed that cornerback of the Broncos, and they shot former Steeler Joey Porter in the ass. Porter gots a big mouf, so I figure he deserved it.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 08:46 PM

The constitutional stuff, whatever. Some like the version with the freedom to choose which gun to blast someone away with they choose not to let live anymore. Good job, democracy.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 08:58 PM

Rocky = Jim Rockford
Actually "Rocky" was his father Joseph's nickname. Ha ha ha! But I know what he meant.

Coincidentally my father's middle name actually was Joseph.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 09:00 PM

Dude, that's just wrong...and on so many different levels at that.

Amusing yes...but sooooooo incredibly wrong! Ha ha ha!

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: The Meat
I was curious too.

Wait, whoa... back up a sec. The medical system has now let 4 insane motherfuckers go on shooting rampages. Seung-Hui Cho, Jared Lee Loughner, James Holmes, and Nidal Malik Hasan in the past several years. That goes just a tad beyond 'a few falling through the cracks.' That's just the mental health system being completely moribund and useless.

All those motherfuckers had a paper trail and medical histories. I'll bet Jerkules' dirty whore that Holmes has a paper trail too.

In the grand scheme, with all due respect for what has happened, it's exactly a few falling through the cracks. But i will back up to this point: this is news because it seldom happens on this scale. What usually happens when someone with whatever mental illness shortcurcuits, it's usually a loved one that takes the brunt of the damage. And it happens so often that it's not news. So I think you're right, just not in the way you meant. In the picture of this grand spectacle, the mental health system probably failed us. And on the smaller scale it fails us daily. Hadn't thought it through that far.

That's what I love about this place. Sometimes we can change each others minds.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 09:32 PM

Now I agree that it is virtually impossible to stop and deal with all of the nuts that do exist. And I do believe that more legislation and/or increased security isn't the answer. No matter what you do, you'll never fully be able to stop someone who is both deranged and determined.

However, that doesn't mean that you don't address the shortcomings that definitely exist in our mental healthcare system, which includes access, the stigma associated with seeking help, and shortages in the number of practicing healthcare professionals. Cases like the shooting in Colorado are the extreme cases...and obviously you likely will never fully be able to prevent those types of events from occurring...BUT this is an opportunity to make a positive out of a negative...and a revamped and fully functional & professional mental healthcare system would actually do a lot of good.

There are a number of people who are fully functional, yet are dealing with untreated mental illness. There are a number of people in our prisons simply because they are mentally ill...yet they aren't getting treatment. So a system that actually worked could definitely have a positive impact in many lives, and society as a whole. You'll never be able to reach everyone who needs help...but it would be nice if we could reach a lot more than we currently do anyway.

Btw...the only reason why I mentioned Reagan earlier was because it was under his administration that massive cuts in mental health funding took place. This led to quite a few mental hospitals closing. And sadly, it's our prisons that now just warehouse people who would have found themselves in a mental hospital & they would actually be receiving treatment that they don't get in prison.

Anyway, it's important to remember, the ONLY person to blame for the tragic events in Aurora is James Eagan Holmes. People are quick to point fingers because it's easier than accepting the fact that a seemingly insignificant person can have that much impact on our lives. But at the end of the day, James Eagan Holmes' sick and twisted mind planned it out. He pulled the trigger. He killed and wounded countless people. Are there shortcomings in our society that need addressed? Yes! But ultimately, he's the only one who is truly to blame.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 09:51 PM

Naive bullshit.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim Rockford

That's a yes.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 10:38 PM

Faggot Mike Adams from his faggot website NaturalNews weighs in. There are few people I would like actually like to be seriously harmed. Adams is one of them.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_James_Holmes_shooting_false_flag.html

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 10:57 PM

I didn't know Jeremy Steele had a website.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 11:29 PM

Faggot Steele has posted a link to that site on a few occasions.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/21/12 11:32 PM

Colour me surprised. Steele should use the camera he permanently borrowed from Jim Powers and make a webcast.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 12:28 AM

That's a yes.
Actually there are a number of inaccurate presuppositions on your part...a major one of which actually makes the entire premise a complete & total impossibility.

So that would be a negatory chief.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 12:28 AM

Now I'll leave you all with, under the circumstances, some rather poignant mood music:

Speaking of which...I wonder if Clear Channel banned this song from their play lists yet...that's the kind of thing they tend to do.
Posted by: JasonH

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By: The Meat
Why do so many white dudes wanna see white whores getting railed by black cock?
Because it's the only legal form of bestiality in the US. Next question please.
Posted by: the unknown pervert

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 05:51 AM

Originally Posted By: tattypatty
Faggot Mike Adams from his faggot website NaturalNews weighs in. There are few people I would like actually like to be seriously harmed. Adams is one of them.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_James_Holmes_shooting_false_flag.html

I know this is going to come as a complete shock but that article is also up on Alex Jones Infowars site.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 12:47 PM

@Jerk: They'd be pinning the medal on him before Jesse could even get a lynching party together.

@Pipe: We're not a democracy, man. Even if we were, it wouldn't be the reason for this. It's not any 1 thing, or 10 things, or 100 things. It's not why America sucks, it's not Tea Parties, it's not flouride in the water, it's not Lady Gaga. It's nothing, it's everything. This guy had a mission. Plain and simple. And we'll never really know why.

We can't accept that sometimes insignificant people do things that seriously rip the fabric of our society. And this has, no question. That's where all the conspiracy theories come from. But sometimes seedy, weedy little nobodies fuck things up in unimaginable ways.

OK, so we take away some freedoms. The serial killer with the most confirmed kills operated in the middle of the Soviet Union, a more freedomless society you'd be hard pressed to name. We can try as hard as we can to stop evil, but we live in an unperfect world.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 01:07 PM

No, we can't guard against the random lunatic. And the fact that dude apparently had an AR-15 doesn't change my opinion that everyone who registers should be issued an M-16 and trained in its use. That's what the Second Amendment is about: To keep the government in it's place and to keep King George III out of your wife's undergarments.

That said: It doesn't change my position that we can and should ban all these cheap ass saturday night specials that are behind most of the violent deaths in America. Again: It's pretty fucking hard to knock over a liquor store with a Kalashnikov.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 01:41 PM

No, it's really not. I'm not familiar with knocking over a liquor store, but I know my way around AK knockoffs. A Chinese AK with a folding stock and an adapted quick draw rig will hide nicely under a jacket.

How would you define a Saturday Night Special? I'm serious, because I don't know.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 04:46 PM

@Jerk: They'd be pinning the medal on him before Jesse could even get a lynching party together.

@Pipe: We're not a democracy, man. Even if we were, it wouldn't be the reason for this. It's not any 1 thing, or 10 things, or 100 things. It's not why America sucks, it's not Tea Parties, it's not flouride in the water, it's not Lady Gaga. It's nothing, it's everything. This guy had a mission. Plain and simple. And we'll never really know why.

We can't accept that sometimes insignificant people do things that seriously rip the fabric of our society. And this has, no question. That's where all the conspiracy theories come from. But sometimes seedy, weedy little nobodies fuck things up in unimaginable ways.

OK, so we take away some freedoms. The serial killer with the most confirmed kills operated in the middle of the Soviet Union, a more freedomless society you'd be hard pressed to name. We can try as hard as we can to stop evil, but we live in an unperfect world.

heh....th^s...what Barry said. Or.....explain max hardcore. it's fucken madness and it's far from perfect but it's the best the world has ever seen.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 05:04 PM

How would you define a Saturday Night Special? I'm serious, because I don't know.

Small, cheaply made, throw-away shit that no self-respecting legitimate gun owner would buy, even as "one for the Mrs." but invariably finds its way up to here and other large urban areas and ends up being involved in most of the crime here.

Rifles aren't the problem. Shitty li'l handguns are the problem. The NRA ought to change it's name to "The National Crimanal's Lobby." It would be more accurate.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 05:17 PM

Barry I'm disappointed in your skynrd knowledge.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 06:35 PM

A Saturday Night Special is a gun made with metals that have a melting point of less than 800F.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 06:49 PM

if i remember right its a .38 revolver of some sort.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: LouCypher
Barry I'm disappointed in your skynrd knowledge.

Two thieves the come a'creepin'
Like a black cat do

^^^ One of the top ten first lines of a song in history. Ever.

Handguns are nmade for killin'
Ain't no good for nothin else
And if you drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself

OK, back to the guns. No fan of the NRA. They're another non- profit, which is where the real crooks are, by the way. Bombs are really illegal. Yet he booby trapped his pad.

Guns are nothing but machined and stamped parts. Anyone who took metal shop in high school can make a gun from scratch. Take some local kid in the hood who's good with his hands, throw in the local crime lord setting him in a machine shop, you've got a gun factory. No serial numbers, no regulations. It's the same model as crystal meth or crack production.

I have no numbers to back this up, but I assume in the hood or the barrio that packing a nickel plated Lorcin 380 (MSRP $150ish) doesn't carry quite the cache the chrome plated S&W handcannon would. Trite, could you jump in on what your kind's pimp gun of choice would be?

The problem isn't the tool. It's the person running the tool.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: frankie figgs

if i remember right its a .38 revolver of some sort.

That's what that gang guy shot JJ with on Good Times. They're never cheap. When I had an FFL in the 90s, you could get British Army surplus ones for a little over $100.
Posted by: wannacorndog

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: J.B.
No, we can't guard against the random lunatic. And the fact that dude apparently had an AR-15 doesn't change my opinion that everyone who registers should be issued an M-16 and trained in its use. That's what the Second Amendment is about: To keep the government in it's place and to keep King George III out of your wife's undergarments.

That said: It doesn't change my position that we can and should ban all these cheap ass saturday night specials that are behind most of the violent deaths in America. Again: It's pretty fucking hard to knock over a liquor store with a Kalashnikov.

How about the honest hard working people that can only afford to live in lower income neighborhoods with higher crime rates.That inexpensive handgun might be the only thing that they can afford to protect their family.They don't need to limit gun ownership, they need to have stiffer no nonsense penalties for people that commit crimes. Make them think twice about using firearms in the commission of a crime.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 08:52 PM

If they're running a legit, cash business, they should have no problems getting a carry permit. If they run into other problems, like, say, being here illegally, then some of you second amendment advocates oughta start invoking the fourteenth amendment when some of these hardworking immigrants you all are so fond of try to improve this country, as you all are so fond of exemplifying.
Posted by: wannacorndog

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 08:59 PM

Dude I wasn't talking about illegals and I don't think you should have to be a cash business owner to be able to protect yourself and your family.You made it sound like cash is more important than human life.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/22/12 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: wannacorndog
You made it sound like cash is more important than human life.

This is America, isn't it?

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 10:42 AM

More naive bullshit. Corny this time.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 11:14 AM

Most of what we call Saturday Night Specials were banned over 20 years ago. As I said before, many states came up with a definition for them a long time ago. And the definition was a gun made with metals that had a melting point of less than 800F. The employed zinc casting and powder metallurgy. The vast majority were .25 caliber. Nigs call them a "2-5." So if a nig tells you he's got a "2-5" laugh at him and tell him he's got a ghetto Saturday Night Special."

Barry, you had a FFL?

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 01:40 PM

Yes. When they were still #15 for 3 years. The good old days, as it were. Built up a very nice collection of black guns that I systematically had to liquidate when my ex would have her "I'm too scared to go to work for 2 months" episodes.

Several years ago, our esteemed "mom in tennis shoes" Senator Patty Murray came up with the brilliant idea of a huge tax on .25 and .32 ammo to stop gun crimes. Because if ammunition for their gun cost too much, they'd just get a job at Barnes and Noble and live a productive life. They'd never think to go acquire a piece that fired cheaper ammo. Pure idiocy.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 03:21 PM

Politicians rarely think beyond the next election.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 03:32 PM

Which is worse? Pols who who don't think past the next election, or ones who truly believes the idiocy they come up with?

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 03:39 PM

Did Chuck Conners use a semi-automatic weapon?

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 05:42 PM

How long until somebody here uses the James Holmes booking pic for his avatar?

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 05:59 PM

Electro aint around anymore. I'm sure that douche woulda made her gooey.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 06:02 PM

Yes. When they were still #15 for 3 years. The good old days, as it were. Built up a very nice collection of black guns that I systematically had to liquidate when my ex would have her "I'm too scared to go to work for 2 months" episodes.

Several years ago, our esteemed "mom in tennis shoes" Senator Patty Murray came up with the brilliant idea of a huge tax on .25 and .32 ammo to stop gun crimes. Because if ammunition for their gun cost too much, they'd just get a job at Barnes and Noble and live a productive life. They'd never think to go acquire a piece that fired cheaper ammo. Pure idiocy.

or commit more crime to obtain the more expensive stuff.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: wannacorndog
Originally Posted By: J.B.

How about the honest hard working people that can only afford to live in lower income neighborhoods with higher crime rates.That inexpensive handgun might be the only thing that they can afford to protect their family.They don't need to limit gun ownership, they need to have stiffer no nonsense penalties for people that commit crimes. Make them think twice about using firearms in the commission of a crime.

a shotgun will protect your family nicely if home protection is what you're talking about.
and Walmart sells em.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 06:59 PM

Electro aint around anymore. I'm sure that douche woulda made her gooey.

I doubt it... as terrible as this sounds the fucken guy failed. with the firepower he had and the planning he put in it should have been much worse.

Tim mcveigh was probably the last dude she got off to.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 07:29 PM

I've heard that due to an issue with the clip, the Bush Master AR-15 semi-automatic assault rifle that he was using jammed, or things definitely would have been much worse actually.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 07:48 PM

yeh. what a fucking genius, no back-up guns.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 07:53 PM

Feel free, nignog. Life has no value to your kind.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 07:55 PM

I thought they said he also had a shotgun and a side arm?

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 08:03 PM

If I was a nut going for body count I'd have a back-up semi-auto. And a couple semi-auto pistols.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 08:04 PM

Of course, that's probably out of the price range for nutty motherfuckers.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/23/12 11:36 PM

I thought they said he also had a shotgun and a side arm?
You are correct...he had a shotgun and two handguns as well.

It's just the fact that the semi-auto rifle was the weapon that would have more easily caused the most damage, and it jammed on him, and the fact that he had to turn to the "lesser" weapons that actually led to the damage, as bad as it was, not actually being as bad as it could have been had the rifle not jammed.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/24/12 12:55 AM

A quote in some Call Of Duty reads along these lines: Never forget that your rifle is built by the lowest bidder.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/24/12 05:33 AM

Did Chuck Conners use a semi-automatic weapon?

Did Timothy McVeigh or Mohamed Atta?

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/24/12 08:55 AM

Hey knee-jerk, try finding out who Chuck Conners was and answer the question.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/24/12 09:08 AM

I was was trying to find that clip with Chuck Connors as the "Sarge" in Airplane II. Funniest shit I've ever seen.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/24/12 12:33 PM

Hey knee-jerk, try finding out who Chuck Conners was and answer the question.

Everyone knows who Chuck Connors was. You should lighten up. Have a drink or something, you know you want to.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/24/12 01:44 PM

No surprise the AR jammed. An AK knockoff is cheaper and 100 round drums are available. Good thing he had bad taste, I guess.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/24/12 02:01 PM

Yeh, I'm glad for such a smart motherfucker he had feeble gun engineering common sense.

Now, Nidal Hasan knew what he was doing IMHO using an FN57. If he wasn't shot himself, he'da killed a lot more.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/24/12 04:53 PM

James Holmes Received $26K Grant From Bethesda-Based National Institutes of Health.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/24/12 09:17 PM

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/24/12 09:47 PM

Janks is a pilled up piece of shit. He was ripping off bar owners in the Philly/NJ area, getting deposits for appearances, then no showing. Artie did a benefit show for him, and I believe the scumbag pocketed the dough.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/25/12 12:53 PM

Now it would appear that Holmes sent a package to a University of Colorado Psychiatrist that sat in their mail room UNOPENED since July 12th (it wasn't opened until this Monday when it was discovered while investigating another package that turned out not to be from him):

James Holmes Sent Notebook to Psychiatrist Before Shootings

What was inside the package you ask? None other than a notebook complete with his plans, diagrams, and drawings on how he was going to go on the murderous rampage that he ultimately did. DEFINITELY looks like a REAL opportunity was missed to prevent this from happening.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/25/12 01:21 PM

Told you there was a paper trail on Holmes. I am fucking good.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/25/12 02:08 PM

Janks is a pilled up piece of shit. He was ripping off bar owners in the Philly/NJ area, getting deposits for appearances, then no showing. Artie did a benefit show for him, and I believe the scumbag pocketed the dough.

janks has needed a firm beating for a good long time now.

Now it would appear that Holmes sent a package to a University of Colorado Psychiatrist that sat in their mail room UNOPENED since July 12th (it wasn't opened until this Monday when it was discovered while investigating another package that turned out not to be from him):

James Holmes Sent Notebook to Psychiatrist Before Shootings

What was inside the package you ask? None other than a notebook complete with his plans, diagrams, and drawings on how he was going to go on the murderous rampage that he ultimately did. DEFINITELY looks like a REAL opportunity was missed to prevent this from happening.

psychiatrists are notoriously lazy. i hope the state of colorado issues sanctions against those listless fucks.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/25/12 07:55 PM

Sanctions for not opening their mail sooner? C'mon, people. We're getting a little out in left field here.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/25/12 08:51 PM

We need Rev. Al to impose economic sanctions on those who had no involvement in the shootings, just because.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/26/12 12:43 PM

And he wonders why no one will take him seriously anymore. If they ever did. Remember the big burgundy velour track suits he used to caper around in?

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/26/12 03:51 PM

I do. I also liked his hair. It made him stand out from the other fat pompous guys wearing track suits.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/26/12 04:42 PM

nice use of the word "caper" barry. good stuff.

Sanctions for not opening their mail sooner? C'mon, people. We're getting a little out in left field here.

heh...exactly.

chris rock on bullet control...

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/26/12 08:57 PM

"Caper" is a total Simpsons reference. It needs to be used more often.

Sharpton's hair was great in the late 80's. How could people take that shit seriously? He looks much more dignified now. Still batshit crazy, but dignified.

Re: Batman Shootings - 07/26/12 09:08 PM

I flipped by MSNBC the other day, I know he's been skinny for a while now but he doesn't look healthy, almost like he's sick. He looks like a black race bating Gia.

Let's remember the good times.

Posted by: obcalif

Re: Batman Shootings - 08/02/12 08:10 AM

I've heard that due to an issue with the clip, the Bush Master AR-15 semi-automatic assault rifle that he was using jammed, or things definitely would have been much worse actually.

Not a clip, it's a magazine.

Re: Batman Shootings - 08/02/12 12:33 PM

God, Sharpton had a great head of hair.

I've noticed that about him too. That happens when people lose weight really fast. It's like the skin around the face starts to hang a bit, and it looks unhealthy.

Re: Batman Shootings - 08/02/12 03:24 PM

chewing big chunks of gum all the time every day can help that.^ itll also slim down your face too.

Re: Batman Shootings - 08/02/12 04:18 PM

Funny thing is that Limbaugh lost a lot of weight around the same time Sharpton did. It was like the liberal and conservative loud mouths were in cahoots or something.

I think we all know how Limbaugh probably managed to do it...which is why it's no big shock that he's as big a fat piece of shit as he's ever been.

Still not sure how Sharpton pulled it off though...just really surprised that he managed to keep the weight off, & for a fairly long period of time at that.

Re: Batman Shootings - 08/02/12 04:20 PM

I'm sure one of Sharptons non-profits paid for his lap-band surgery.
Posted by: Spunko

Re: Batman Shootings - 08/02/12 11:43 PM

Still not sure how Sharpton pulled it off though...just really surprised that he managed to keep the weight off, & for a fairly long period of time at that.

AIDS