Posted by: ben

I want to see "Lars and the Real Girl" - 04/22/08 07:45 AM

It sounds really good
Posted by: gia jordan

Re: I want to see "Lars and the Real Girl" - 04/22/08 10:41 AM

Is it because you can relate?
Posted by: Soopergrizz

Re: I want to see "Lars and the Real Girl" - 04/22/08 12:29 PM

I saw it. It's surprisingly sweet and entertaining. Not at all cringe-inducing after the first 20 minutes.

an excellent date movie. Ben, you might want to buy the three ply tissues, so it will be, you know, special.
Posted by: DrBob

Re: I want to see "Lars and the Real Girl" - 04/22/08 03:26 PM

Quote:

I saw it. It's surprisingly sweet and entertaining. Not at all cringe-inducing after the first 20 minutes.

an excellent date movie. Ben, you might want to buy the three ply tissues, so it will be, you know, special.

I agree. It's gently humorous and nicely shot. If you liked Lost in Translation, you'll like it.
Posted by: Uomo Grassissimo!!

Re: I want to see "Lars and the Real Girl" - 04/22/08 04:01 PM

Quote:

If you liked Lost in Translation, you'll like it.

Not for me, then ...
Posted by: Random

Re: I want to see "Lars and the Real Girl" - 04/22/08 05:57 PM

Watched it Sunday with the ball and chain. Great little flick. Gosling continues to impress. The scene where he first introduces the doll to his brother and brother's wife is hysterical.
Posted by: Gigi

Re: I want to see "Lars and the Real Girl" - 04/22/08 07:30 PM

ryan gosling is now dating kirsten dunst. this is causing me distress because i was going to marry him and she is a dumb ugly whore.
Posted by: Uomo Grassissimo!!

Re: I want to see "Lars and the Real Girl" - 04/22/08 07:41 PM

Quote:

ryan gosling is now dating kirsten dunst. this is causing me distress because i was going to marry him and she is a dumb ugly whore.

WHAT!! How dare you call my future self-centered alcoholic floozy ex-wife a dumb ugly whore!!

Re: I want to see "Lars and the Real Girl" - 04/22/08 07:43 PM

my bad.
Posted by: Soopergrizz

Re: I want to see "Lars and the Real Girl" - 04/23/08 06:40 AM

Quote:

ryan gosling is now dating kirsten dunst.

Well, you and KD do have some things in common.

Re: I want to see "Lars and the Real Girl" - 04/23/08 07:51 AM

somehow this brings me no relief.
Posted by: The Ghost Is Toast

Re: I want to see "Lars and the Real Girl" - 04/23/08 08:39 AM

When they sent out the Academy Award screeners for Fargo, each recipient got a little snow globe with a miniature depiction of the infamous 'woodchipper scene' inside.

The mind boggles as to what the makers of 'Lars and the Real Girl' are going to throw in to attempt to curry favour with the Academy voters. Maybe a Fleshlight?