Nancy Cartwright (Bart Simpson) Is Really Stupid

Posted by: Dean Wormer

Nancy Cartwright (Bart Simpson) Is Really Stupid - 01/31/08 12:36 AM

From imdb.com

Quote:

Nancy "Bart Simpson" Cartwright Gives $10 Million to Scientology
Actress Nancy Cartwright, the voice behind cartoon character Bart Simpson, has been awarded Scientology's Patron Laureate Award after donating $10 million to the faith in 2007. Cartwright's gift - almost two times her annual salary from The Simpsons - puts her top of a list of celebrity benefactors, who have handed over their hard-earned cash to the Church of Scientology. She gave even more than Tom Cruise - who is reported to be the controversial religion's second-in-command - who has donated $5 million in the last four years. According to Impact magazine, Kirstie Alley gave $5 million last year and has picked up the Diamond Meritorious Award. Fellow followers John Travolta and Kelly Preston gave $1 million each and were awarded the Gold Meritorious Award, while Priscilla Presley was handed the Patron Award for a donation of $50,000. The prizes were handed out at a top secret ceremony in Florida last summer, according to the American publication.

Posted by: k1ng

Re: Nancy Cartwright (Bart Simpson) Is Really Stup - 01/31/08 12:42 AM

obligatory - church of $cientology
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Nancy Cartwright (Bart Simpson) Is Really Stup - 01/31/08 07:15 AM

The Germans are rapidly moving to suppress them as a scam, not a religion or even a cult. For Germany to move against a religion, self-styled or not, in a climate where every action is scrutinized to see whether it has even a tinge of Nazism, is a pretty strong statement.
Posted by: elaborator

Re: Nancy Cartwright (Bart Simpson) Is Really Stup - 01/31/08 09:01 AM

my biggest problem with them is their tax exempt status...that just makes no sense.

Cults are like Social Darwinism...taking in the weak and putting them in a special herd where they can be quietly fleeced away from the regular fucks

Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Nancy Cartwright (Bart Simpson) Is Really Stup - 01/31/08 09:17 AM

Quote:

my biggest problem with them is their tax exempt status...that just makes no sense.

Shhhh... remember what happened the last time...

Posted by: Fiend

Re: Nancy Cartwright (Bart Simpson) Is Really Stup - 01/31/08 12:46 PM

Quote:

QFT
Posted by: taco

Re: Nancy Cartwright (Bart Simpson) Is Really Stup - 02/01/08 02:11 PM

10 mil is a ton of money. Nancy Cartwright must have deep pockets. Wish I had a funny cartoon voice to make money off of.
Posted by: Kingfish

Re: Nancy Cartwright (Bart Simpson) Is Really Stup - 02/01/08 04:39 PM

She has a face for animation.