Paul Thomas's 'The Master'

Posted by: windsock

Paul Thomas's 'The Master' - 07/21/14 08:56 PM

This movies stars Philip Seymour Hoffman whom we l eost unfortunately to a midlife crisis earlier this year. The plot involves a soused WWII veyeran having difficulty entering back into the post war fold after hostilities pause. It quickly comes to light that the fellows dysfunction isnt wholly war related though. Anyway qhat this movie is about is up to the individual viewer though roughly it describes the rise of ascendant American spiritual cult not unlike Scientololgy which the degenerate veteran finds himself at the center of through a series of outrageous ciincidences though predestination seems the order of the day. Though this isnt a glowering nasty tableaux the like of Greenaway or Kubrick. Allegory quite possibly but it is ofvtye sensual Maxfield Parrish dayglo variety and it absolutely leaves the heart singing. Rated R for language, obscurantism, and some very endearing sexuality. released by Avco Embassy.
Posted by: smutspov

Re: Paul Thomas's 'The Master' - 07/22/14 11:07 AM

Nice work Windsock. I might actually check out this flick now, plus I learned a new word today.
bigpimpin
Posted by: Brandon_Iron

Re: Paul Thomas's 'The Master' - 07/27/14 06:55 AM

I will wait for the parody.